chap. twentynine

All people in this chapter are in the mm, besides Shelby. 🌹 Enjoy....

Woody.

As much as I felt like a fool for letting Shelby drag me to her yoga class, I gave in. Besides, I needed some time to cool off and get serenity since Lindsey threw her fucking drink at me for no reason.

All I remember was us holding a peaceful adult conversation, and then she gets insecure and starts popping off at the mouth.

"Take a seat." Shelby nudged me.

I'm not the brightest man in the world, but as I looked toward the front, I saw someone who could pass as Lindsey, or her twin.

"That look like Lindsey." I whispered. It was quite dark in the setting, but my eyes don't play tricks on me. I have 20/20 vision.

"This is her yoga class. Now shut up and grab a seat." Shelby instructed. If she brought me down here for an apology, I'm not having it.

"And inhale strong," Lindsey teaches the class. "Then exhale ladies, breathe."

I inhaled and exhaled, folding my legs Indian style.

"I don't know why Shelby dragged me here, but I'ma cooperate because she's like a big sister to me. Ommmmmm...." I sang with my eyes closed.

I can hear her giggle at me. "Ommmm....." I sang again.

Next thing I know, I'm feeling somebody massage my shoulders from behind. It can't be Shelby.

I opened my eyes and saw Lindsey over me.

"Well hello there." I said quietly.

"Didn't expect to see you here. Shelby put you up to this?" Lindsey asked.

"Of course she did, do you normally teach yoga?" I chuckled.

"No I don't." Lindsey shook her head. "Shelby convinced me somehow to do this. Long story."

"Since we're here, we might as well get this over with. Lindsey, I'm sorry for acting the way I did the other day. You ain't deserve to be called a bitch. It won't happen again." I apologized.

Lindsey bit her lip, pondering on what to say next. She sighs, "Woody, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have thrown my drink in your face."

We both looked at eachother, exchanging laughs. "That was kind of funny though. The shit I talked even after you threw ya drink at me."

She giggles, "I know. And I'm also sorry for coming off too strong. I can be insecure at times. Every man that I've dated only wanted one thing from me, and that's what's between my legs. I stereotyped you and that was fucked up."

Damn, I sure do wish things would've turned out differently. Lindsey sounds so sexy, even when cursing.

"Girl I wouldn't do that to you. Not on the first date. I'm not like these other niggas, but if you fuck with me I'll throw you on to something new." I charmed.

"So you really living like that?" She chuckled.

"Yes. So wassup with you? You wanna try this again?"

"Definitely. My names is Lindsey, I'm from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I'm 24. I'm a nurse and I'm looking for a second shot at this love thing."

"I'm Woody. My daddy is Bobby Brown. My family is crazy as hell but once you get to know them, they'll adore you. So how's Friday night? Dinner and a movie?"

I found this funny, but if it's working then why not?

"I'm down for it." Lindsey smiled.

Algee.