chap. eleven

The Show

"So you just gonna go out there and perform drunk?" Keith queried Woody and Bryshere, who gulped down a bottle of Henny.

"I'm not in the mood tonight Keith. I'm honestly ready to get this sh*t out of the way before Michael Bivins finds out." Bryshere burped.

"Ew." Elijah commented.

"We still ain't rehearse. I don't think I know where I am." Woody spoke.

No one said anything. Keith stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Anybody know where Luke is?"

"I talked to him earlier, he said he'd be a few minutes late." Algee said.

"I guess I deserved that." Woody added with a sigh.

"You're next to me. Algee is in the middle, then Keith will be on his right. You'll be to the end on the left side. Then Bryshere is gonna be on the end of the right side." Elijah instructed.

"Give us a minute." Woody told everyone.

Algee gave Elijah a look as to make sure everything was going to be fine. Elijah gave Algee a head nod, signaling that they could leave.

"We'll be right outside the door." Keith pointed to the door, following Bryshere and Algee out.

Now, it was Elijah and Woody.

"What?" Elijah broke the silence.

"Do you wanna finish kicking my a**? Hit me. I promise I won't hit you back." Woody said.

"No, man. I'm not gonna hit you." Elijah lowered his head.

"Hit me Elijah. I deserve it." Woody pressed.

"Why man?" Elijah's voice cracked. "If you wanted to start acting I could've helped you. For you to go behind my back and do some foul stuff like that, it hurts."

"Elijah all I have to show for is dancing and comedy. I'm not trying to make bullsh*t excuses for myself, 'cause I'll be a man and admit that I was wrong. Sometimes you act like a diva and it's gets annoying."

"Wood, first of all, you ain't the only one looking for other career opportunities. Keith models and acts. Bryshere acts and raps and goes to school--well not school but everyone knows he's a rapper now. I act and sing. Algee produces and writes and be sings, Luke sings. You could've came to us."

"You don't get it Elijah. All I know how to do is dance and make Instagram videos. I got didn't get famous off of being the son of Bobby Brown." Woody said.

"That's a good thing Woody. Our biggest problem is our egos. We let who we are and attention get in the way of who we really are."

"What?"

Meanwhile, Keith and Algee were outside ear hustling and laughing.

"I'm basically saying how we all think we're the sh*t because of who our Fathers are. You don't wanna die knowing people will only remember you for being the son of Bobby Brown. You gotta create your own legacy. It's good that you know people like you for you and not Uncle Bobby or New Edition."