chap. thirty

This chapter is like a part two to chapter twenty nine. Enjoy! ☺️

Keith.

"Mom this is the crib I bought for me and Amber. You like it?" I asked her soon as I unlocked the door and led her in.

"It's a bit too flashy, but overall, it's nice baby. I think she'll love it. Y'all ready?" Shamari asked.

Showing my mom the condo was interesting. She didn't yell, argue, or panic. She's calm and that's awesome. It's my dad I have to worry about.

I sighed deeply, "I'm ready."

"I'm not asking about you, I'm asking about the both of you. Don't start making this about yourself Keith. You have to remember that she's leaving her family behind in Texas to come and live upscale with you." Mom scolded.

"I don't know if she's ready mama. I got this place hoping maybe she was. If you knew the shit she's going through with her family you'd feel the same way." I said.

"I know. She told me about her family. But what about her job? And where's the furniture?" Mom scrunched up her nose. I laugh.

"I haven't went furniture shopping yet. I was hoping you, pops, and Uncle Bobby could help me out with that since you three have the most taste when it comes to decor."

"I'd love to help out Keith. Now what was I about to say? Oh, her job." She started.

I shrug, "Ok, what about it?"

"She's a nurse Keith. You can't just show up to any medical center or hospital out here and assume you'll get the job boy. You have it easy since your dad is Ronnie DeVoe, I'm your mother, and all you do is act and model." Mom said.

"Unlike the others, I don't feed off of the family name." I chuckle.

"Keith don't start dogging your cousins out again. Everybody is on the right track in their lives. For once, no one is beefing. That's a fresh start." Mom told me.

"About time!" I exclaimed.

"So what you thinking for the paint job? Ever started lookin' at some colors?" She asked.

"Actually, no. But I'm thinking about a light grey or a baby blue paint job with a little hint of brown, and we could do those same two colors for decorations and add a green apple color. I know that didn't come out right but I'll email you my ideas and see what ya'll think of it."

Shamari💍: Where are you Ronald? Keith and I are waiting on you🤔

Big Ron DeVoe❤️: I'm on my way! 🙃

"You talkin' to dad?"

"He's late so I was checking to see if he was coming or not. He's been in the damn studio all morning with Ricky and Mike recording their new album. I told his ass I didn't care about Three Stripes, as long as he puts family first. Now his sorry ass is late. But don't worry, I'ma fix his ass as soon as he walk in." Mom fussed. My mother is from the east side of Atlanta so she's ghetto as hell.

"Mama this is BBD's comeback album. Can't rush perfection," I popped my collar.

"Boy please. They've been working on that album and it's bad enough they're filming their biopic. All of us are going to be really busy soon as production gets started." Mom said.

"Aye I need to ask you a serious question before dad shows up." I cleared my throat.

"Shoot," mama nodded.