chap. thirtyone

I'm going to continue updating  for you guys since y'all have been so nice for voting and commenting. I love the feedback! 😊

Keith Jamal DeVoe.

Seems to me that Amber was the only thing on my mind during my stressful flight to Washington, D.C. I miss her so much. Literally, the last time we've spoken was over the phone when I said something that evidently pissed her off. We text, but when I call, she's either ignoring me or it's nursing that's preventing her from getting back at me. Whatever it is, I wish it would stop. I miss my lady.

My father, Ricky, and Mike had this performance all the way in Washington where they'd be meeting Obama and then performing for his farewell special on BET. If my dad and uncles didn't want to show off their sons to the world, I honestly wouldn't be here. I'd be home filming
'Famous In Love' or flying to Texas to see my woman.

I erased the thoughts of whatever Amber could be doing and read my book. Here I was, trapped lonely in this presidential suite by myself. I heard Bryshere's ghetto ass knocking on the door.

"Come in!" I yelled, annoyed.

"How you know it was me bro?" He chuckled, flopping on the extra bed that was right beside mine. We all had separate rooms, even our parents. It doesn't feel right when Amber isn't here.

"I know your ghetto ass knocking." I said, flipping through the pages of my book. Since Bryshere interrupted me, I tossed the book to the side and appreciated his company.

"Yo, wassup with you fly guy?" He asked, sounding just like Uncle Biv. "Brah, you been quiet since the flight. I'm starting to think something else took control of you. Amber got you whipped?"

"Maybe. But I ain't even talked to that girl since she hung up on me while we were on FaceTime. I'll let her slide since she's in school again working on a PhD, and on top of that, she picked up the night shifts at the hospital. I respect that, but she still gotta make time for her man." I ranted.

"Keith give the girl some time. Let Amber breathe. Didn't you say she was in school? She comes home from the night shifts at the hospital and she probably study all day, no sleep. You don't know that. She didn't bother you as much when y'all first got together." Bryshere stated, taking sides with Amber.

"Man she's most likely at home all caked up with another man while I'm here worrying. I need to hear her voice. We text, and the last time we texted was two days ago. That's sad." I shook my head.

"We're in D.C. bro. Get happy. There's some fine ass women out here. You should get up off your lazy ass, stop moping around like a fool, and do something with yourself." Bryshere cheered. I wasn't feeling it. I don't even like going out when I'm not in L.A. anyway. Ever since Giselle drugged me and took advantage of me, things have never been the same.

"Are you encouraging me to cheat?" I asked.

"No, I was actually speaking on my behalf when I mentioned the ladies. It wouldn't hurt to make friends out here though." He shrugged. "But don't cheat. If Amber leaves you for good, I can't help you."

"I truly miss the days when things were like a piece of cake for us." I sighed into a pillow.

"More like a couple of weeks ago. Those fools are just starting to put their foot down, and they acting like they've been so rough on us. Please." Bryshere scoffed. I swear, I'ma kick this nigga out if he start ranting and complaining about Uncle Mike. I don't feel like hearing that shit right now.