chap. seven

In case yal wondering why I update so fast, I do nothing in my second hour so..😌

Los Angeles

"What the h*ll are we listening to again? You woke me up out of my beauty sleep." Woody came downstairs, tying up his robe.

"I want ya'll to listen to my demo. Tell me what ya'll think." Bryshere said.

"I hope you put your foot into this sh*t. I'll kick you a** if I don't like it." Algee spat, rubbing his eyes.

Bryshere made a face, "It's your first time hearing it. I wanted ya'll to hear it first before it gets radio play."

"And just how do you know it's getting radio play?" Algee asked.

"Because my sh*t is fye." Bryshere said. He turned on the song, and the beat instantly caught Algee's attention.

"This sounds good. I like it. Got a nice beat." Woody bopped his head to the beat. Bryshere rubbed his hands together.

"I agree with Wood." Keith smiled.

"Look at him! He got bars." Algee laughed.

"I guess you're right Bryshere. You getting radio play with this one." Woody said.

Keith yawned. "Talking is good but I have somewhere to be in the morning. I'm going back to bed."
******

Luke

"First ultrasound. Are you ready?" Luke stopped the car as he pulled up to the clinic's parking lot.

Shar sighed before giving him an answer, "We're here aren't we?"

Luke gripped her hand, and kissed it. He smiled and looked at Shar deeply in the eyes and kissed her stomach. She's two months pregnant and it's about time they check up on their baby.

He led her into the clinic.

"I know that ain't Johnny Gill's son."

Johnny rolled his eyes and signed in. He and Shar took a seat in the waiting room.

"You told your father?" She asked.

"No. I wanted it to be a little surprise." He chuckled and threw himself off. Truth was that Luke didn't want anyone to know he was even seeing Shar. For some odd reason, he felt like it would cause tension with him and Algee, and that's the last thing he wanted. He and Algee barely talk as it is, and they live underneath the same roof. The only time they speak is when they're talking about music or their careers.

"Surprise? Baby your family doesn't like 'surprises'. I can only imagine what your father will think, with him being the Holy one. And he thinks you're the same. Your cousins are judgemental too." Shar sighed.

"Stop putting all this grief on yourself Shar. I don't want nothing to happen to my baby." Luke planted a small kiss on Shar's cheek.

"Lucas please stop." Shar turned her head.

"What? What am I doing?" Luke asked.