chap. fourteen

Keith

"Keith Devoe, here for a Giselle."

"She's been waiting on you, follow me." The waitress led him to the upper balcony area of the restaurant, where the skyline of Los Angeles sat.

"I thought you stood me up." Giselle got up to hug Keith before she sat back down.

"Thank you for waiting." Keith took his hat off. Staring at her curls, he forgot the real reason he was having dinner with Giselle. She called him out of nowhere just for dinner and he was kind of on the rocks about it. He and Amber got more serious as their days went by.

"So my divorce is finalized." Giselle started off.

"I hope you're happy now. Congrats." Keith smiled. "I still don't fully understand why I'm here."

"Oh come on. I thought you wanted us to see eachother more." Giselle said.

"I did but I've thought about it and I don't think that's what I want. I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but I'm seeing somebody and I don't want her to think I'm not trustworthy." Keith informed.

"I understand. But being friends won't hurt would it?" She touched his hand.

He moved around a little, "I guess not."

As horrible as he felt, she was also very beautiful.

Keith made a mental note not to cheat. He'd lose the woman of his dreams.

Luke

Luke and Shar were in the middle of decorating their new condo. Everything was quiet and would stay that way. Shar started to question Luke. Even she began to feel like this child was a mistake, and that their timing was all off. In this family, nobody's timing was right for anything.

"Shar," Luke spoke up.

"Yes?" She looked at him.

"Why aren't you saying anything? Something wrong?" Luke questioned.

"No, everything's fine with the baby. It's you." Shar said.

"What?"

"Luke, I'm worried about you. Alot." Shar said.

"Shar the only thing you need to be worried about is our baby and our relationship. I'm fine." Luke assured her.

"Don't tell me you're getting cold feet on me." Shar said, waddling to a seat.

"Cold feet? Nah. If I felt a certain way I would've said something to you a long time ago. We've came this far so there's no use in giving up now." He smiled trying to kiss her.

She dodged it, "Don't try to butter me up now. I'm still mad at you."

"Because?"

"You go around trying to force your own family to come up with 30k? Wow." Shar huffed.

"I wasn't thinking when I did that." Luke bit his lip.

"You're never thinking. You just act without realizing the consequences of it." Shar fussed.

"You starting to sound like my parents." Luke scoffed.