chap. thirtynine

Omniscient.

Keith slowly shook Amber, waking her up for work

Keith slowly shook Amber, waking her up for work. Amber had a tendency to oversleep. "I'm up," she said groggily.

"Good, 'cause I gotta talk to you

"Good, 'cause I gotta talk to you." Keith said.

Amber rose up, checking her phone. "I could've sworn I set an alarm."

"Amber?" Keith spoke, grabbing her attention. "Amber are you even listening to me?"

"Yes, I'm listening to you." Amber responded, heading for the bathroom.

"If you were listening, you wouldn't have to walk away from me. Stop shutting me out!" Keith yelled. From there, she stopped in her tracks, turning to face Keith. "Thank you."

"Baby, I'm not trying to shut you out or be rude, but I seriously need to get ready for work. I'm already ten minutes late as it is." Amber sighed.

Keith shrugged, "I don't really care. You can get dressed but we still have to talk."

"Why are you being so damn mean?" Amber asked.

Keith sighed; the conversation was going nowhere. "Amber, please don't tell me you're becoming unattracted."

"Keith, what?! Where is that coming from?" Amber took off her pajamas.

Keith couldn't help but stare at her assets, but instead he stayed focused. "I tried to have sex with you earlier and you turned your back on me. Last week, I was like, 'Come on babe, let's do it.' You said no straight up. Why?"

"Are you questioning me because I can't have sex with you? When you 'apologized' to me you took my virginity." Amber fired back.

"Slow down." Keith said. "Number one, you enjoyed it. Number two, I actually did say sorry. So now you tellin' me you aren't intimate with me because I took your virginity months ago? That's no excuse."

"I was just putting it out there," Amber said smartly. "You've already took my virginity so there's no need for us to sit here and fuss about it. Put yourself in my shoes for once. I'm working on my feet all night, taking care of others."