chap. four

Santa Monica Beach

Keith.

  "Give me the ball back and no one gets hurt." I threatened Luke, who was hogging the football away from the us since Bryshere 'accidentally' hit him in the head.

"Look, I told ya'll niggas not to throw the ball too hard and ya'll don't listen." Luke said.

  "That soft ass ball. I bet you didn't even feel it." Elijah huffed, crossing his arms.

Since everyone had a day off, we all took our families to the beach for a relaxing break.

   "You know what? I'm outta here, I'm gonna get in the water. Peace." Luke threw the ball back at Bryshere and walked away.

"Soft ass." Bryshere chuckled. "Going get something to drink, take this." He tossed me the ball and left.

  "Hey, go long." I nudged Algee. Algee turned to make sure his surroundings were clear, so that he wouldn't hit any children.

And there was a beautiful brown skinned lady, laying out on a towel next to a toddler, who I  assumed was her daughter. I threw the ball, but Algee didn't pay attention to know it was coming his way. To make a long story short, the ball hit him square in the chest.

"What the fuck bro?" He yelled at me while coughing.

"You should have been paying attention!" I yelled back.

"Give me a second." Algee yelled. I nodded.

Algee.

  "Hello stranger," I approached, kissing Shelby on the forehead. We weren't dating, but we been getting deep in communication. I love it. She's open and always knows what to tell me when I'm down.

     "Hey Algee!" Shelby sat up.

"Hey Shelby. Is this the little beauty you've been bragging about? She's more beautiful than the pics." I complimented the little girl, who smiled and hid behind her mother.

"Stop being so shy, Armani. Speak!" Shelby ordered.

"H-hi." Armani giggled. I could've had a child.

She just had to hurt me.

"Hey princess." I smiled. Kids lit my heart up but made me reminisce on my past relationship. I kept telling myself I would never love again and here I am.

Chasing a woman from high school.

She is worth it, though.

"She's being shy. She's talkative once you get to know her." Shelby assured me.

    "What brings you guys to the beach on a Saturday morning?" I asked.

  "We come every weekend by the way. She likes to come and pick seashells, look at the water, swim, and then after this we go shopping."

  "Mommy! I want ice cream!" Armani whined, pointing to the ice cream parlor on the boardwalk.

  "I'll take her. You want me to bring you something back? I'm buying." I offered.