chap. three

Omniscient.

    "Who's that girl you been yapping with all day?" Luke asked Algee, joining him at the table for scrumptious bowls of Frosted Flakes.

"None of your business," Algee snapped.

    "Shit, my bad! Excuse me for trying to hold a conversation." Luke gasped.

"One of these girls I went to school with. Her name is Shelby. I ran into her at the store." Algee gave in with a sigh. He didn't want to sound harsh like Keith, everybody knew Keith was only nice when he felt like it.

    "That's nice. Catching up with old friends. Aye, I found a venue for us to perform in." Luke said.

Truthfully, a local Los Angeles club promoter agreed to have the boys booked for a show, offering fifty grand to split six ways.

    "Where at? How much money we talkin'?" Algee asked, becoming excited. He and his cousins were finally gonna hit the stage. They've been dreaming of this, hoping someone would give them a chance to prove themselves.

    "The host who booked us told me we were looking at fifty grand." Luke rubbed his hands together like Birdman.

     "Fifty grand? Fifty thou? No." Algee excitedly shook his head, making Woody pinch him as he entered the kitchen shirtless with only boxers on and two different colored socks.

"Don't you think you may wanna put some clothes on? Nobody wants to see your jimmy jumping around while we're having breakfast." Luke scolded.

   "I'm sorry if you can't be me. There can only be one me." Woody laughed, stuck his tongue out, and made his jimmy jump even more to intentionally tick Luke and Algee off.

"Acting just like his dad." Algee murmured.

   "And unfortunately, we can't control his ass." Luke added. "Anyway, yea man the promoters agreed to pay us fifty grand. All six of us."

Algee swallowed his recent spoon asking, "How we gonna split fifty grand six ways? And did you even ask the brothers about this? Keith, Elijah, and Bryshere?"

   "When I first came to you guys with the idea of performing at clubs all of ya'll was down. Bryshere wants the exposure anyway. You know he's trying to get his secret rap career off the ground." Luke reminded.

   "Dang, I forgot Bryshere was rapping on the side." Algee laughed.

"What's funny about our little cousin trying achieve his goals?" Woody joined them at the table.

    "You call that a goal? Uncle Mike doesn't know about this shit. And if he finds out, Bryshere is gonna be SOL." Luke sighed.

"Uncle Mike can't stop his son for chasing after what he wants." Woody protested. "And as for Keith, he's already acting. I never heard him sing."

   "Trust me," Luke laughed and shook his head 'no'. "I'd rather him pick up on some rapping skills from Bryshere, because that fool has no pipes!"

     "Elijah wants to do it. He'll do it. He's always talked about picking up where our fathers left off." Algee continued. "Always talkin' a whole bunch of nonsense trying to sound all inspirational and shit."