chap. thirtyeight

Shelby's Residence

Algee Tresvant.
I shouldn't be this nervous about pulling up on Shelby. But I'm afraid we have some things to talk about. At Amber's party, things were awkward. At the watch party, she blew on me. I was left looking dumb with nothing but a drink in my hand. I'm here for answers.

I got out of my ride and approached the lady's doorstep. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door several times. I heard nothing. Not one sign of her coming to open the door.

Hoping this would solve my problem, I rang the doorbell. Still no answer. Growing impatient, I banged on the door repeatedly as if I was the Feds. From peripheral vision, I saw long, blonde hair appear in the window. I assume she's checking to see who would bang on her door at 7 in the morning.

I heard the doorknob twist, letting me know she was about to open it of course. I braced myself for a rude greeting.

"Morning." She yawned. "What brings you by at this time Algee?"

"I wanted to uh, see you. May I come in?" I asked, peeping over her shoulder. Armani isn't here. Thank God.

"S---sure. Come on in." She hesitated. I stepped in, shutting the door behind myself.

"Are you thirsty? Hungry?"

"Nah, I really came over here to talk to you." I said.

"I'm all ears." She joined me at the table.

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Acting like what?"

"Like you don't give a damn anymore. I know you still got some love for me, you don't have to play cold hearted to soothe your pain. If something pertaining to our relationship is bothering you, speak up. Staying quiet and being angry won't help anything."

"Algee, this isn't about you. I never had the issue with you. My problem was the fact that you walked out on me when I started going through it. How do you think that made me feel? My issue was never with you personally."

"Why didn't you come to me about this in the first place then?"

"I tried to! By the time I got myself ready to come clean, you've already ran off and slept with another woman. I wasn't about to put myself in an awkward position just to look dumb the entire time Algee."

I get it. She was so cold towards me at the premiere party because she thought Krystal Harris and I were sleeping together. Jealousy.

"There must be a confusion! I never slept with Krystal Harris. She's a mother just like you, and to  be honest I met her during filming. Uncle Bobby said he'd prefer seeing his son and nephews with dates for the premiere party. There is nothing between me and Krystal, just to put it out there."

"And you listened to your Uncle Bobby, who had you looking like a fool?" Shelby laughed. "The apple never falls too far from the family tree."

We shared a small moment of laughter before I got serious again, "Now since I'm here and we haven't ripped each other's throats out already, I want you to tell me what's been going on. I'm listening."