chap. thirtyfive

After Filming
Algee Tresvant, Woodrow 'Woody' Brown, and Lindsey Teague

Algee.
Today was the last day filming. I thanked God numerous times for getting me through all of this. Although, this has been an emotional roller coaster for all six of us. Portraying my father, Ralph, was the experience of a lifetime. I predicted a New Edition biopic at the age of ten, and it came true.

We got to experience what it was like growing up in the projects. Acting out what our fathers went through earlier in their careers as New Edition taught us more about what it's really like to be in the music business. Believe you me, my pops had it rough.

To celebrate the end of filming, Woody and I went to the beach and Lindsey tagged along. I didn't mind, because she's actually a sweet girl and too down to Earth. I like her; I'm happy for Woody. That is, if they're a 'thing'..

"Experience of a lifetime man." Woody started talking. Lindsey was waltzing back over with our ice cream cones.

"I know right. You gotta admit it though, the big fight at the end made you wanna cry. I cried after we wrapped that scene up." I said, sighing as I looked up at the clear blue sky, fresh white clouds, and beaming sun.

"You good Algee?" Woody asked me. Nodding, I sniffed and fought back the tears that were about to fall as we speak.

"So wassup with you and Lindsey? Y'all dating now or what?" I asked. Damn, whether it was Luke and Shar, Woody and Lindsey, or Keith and Amber, all I pictured was me and Shelby. I miss her and I know she's feeling the same.

She's got to be. No way she isn't.

"We're talking. Like high school talking, man. No dating, unless you mean taking her out and meeting up. We aren't an official couple yet." Woody answered honestly.

Knowing my little brother Woody, if they aren't dating then he sure as hell smashing.

I stared at him with a witty smirk on my face. "What's that look for?"

"Y'all sleeping together huh?"

"No---well---man nah. Here she comes. Shut up." Woody sucked his teeth like a teenager and waved his hands around in my face.

"This discussion ain't over." I commented as Lindsey approached.

"Vanilla for Algee," she hands me my cone.

"Thanks." I said.

"You're welcome Algee." Lindsey smiled.

"Woody, you got a chocolate right?" Lindsey asked, checking to see if she ordered the correct cone for Woody.

"Yea babe that's right! Chocolate ice cream for my chocolate honey." Woody licked his lip, looking at her seductively. I don't do sex on the beach.

"Get a damn room man." I said, disgusted.

Lindsey reminded me alot of Aunt Teasha. I licked the top of my cone, receiving another comment from Woody. "Algee that doesn't look right. Don't ever do that in front of me again."

"Right." Lindsey agreed, laughing.

"Leave me alone Woody! I'm grown. I'm the eldest." I stated, devouring my ice cream. Elijah is the second oldest. Then there's Luke, Bryshere, Keith, and Woody.