chap. twenty

Los Angeles, CA

Amber finally persuaded Keith to leave her in Houston, and two weeks later she paid for another flight to LA. She, Shelby, and Shar found out about Giselle's location, so they scheduled a 'meeting'. No one knows about this and Giselle has no idea what's coming her way.

"Amber Nicole Brooks, Shelby Roberson, and Shar Jackson here to see Giselle." Amber told the receptionist at the desk, Jasmine.

"She's in her office. She's been expecting you." Jasmine smiled, pointing Giselle's closed office door.

They barged in without knocking, Shar strutted in.

"Amber, you're early." Giselle said.

"Your receptionist said you had been waiting all morning. So, here we are." Amber sighed but smiled.

"So what do I owe the pleasure?" Giselle leaned on her desk.

"You know why I'm here." Amber shifted her weight to the right.

"I'm afraid I don't." Giselle batted her lashes.

"Well, I'm here because you fucked my man. It's ironic how you just got out of a divorce and now you think it's cute to hop on every penis you come across." Amber said. "You young hoes don't learn."

Giselle brushed some hair to the side, sighing deeply. "I slept with him. I had him. He was good. What's your point? Your main ain't shit so I don't know what the shade is all about. You deserve much better. Keith is not ready for a woman like you."

"He sure as hell wasn't ready for a whore like you either. I think I'll let you continue to have fun with him. Better yet, take him. He's yours. I don't wanna catch anything."

Shelby laughed obnoxiously in the back, sitting pretty with her legs crossed.

"That's cute. I love taking shots. I dish them out as well." Giselle laughed.

"Now look, I came here to check you. You and I aren't the same. I'm on higher level than you." Amber made space with her hands between the two of them. "It's not pretty to run around smashing taken men to ease your pain. I'm very sorry about your divorce, but you may wanna close the factory down. You don't wanna be labeled as a hoe."

"Who are you? We all know what you'll do once you leave here. You'll cry and take him back like you always do."

"For your information Giselle, this is the first time Keith and I had a falling out over a whore like yourself. It's really not cute. Now I'm only going to say this once--stay away from my man. Keep your legs closed." Amber declared.

"You wanna be seen as woman. Not heard or smelled." Shar chimed in.

"So you think you can just barge into my place of business with the rest of your crew and check me? Check your man first. He knew what he was doing." Giselle said.

"From what I heard, you got him drunk." Shar said.

"Oh Keith's a grown man. He can handle himself."

"I know my man and I also know he's not a heavy drinker. Yes, he was wrong for even agreeing to meet up with you. He was wrong for sleeping with you. But take some responsibility. You got him drunk and dragged him back go your home and took advantage of him while you were vulnerable." Amber stated.

"I still don't get why you're here. It's pointless of you to come with an army, a pregnant army at that. Why couldn't you face me woman to woman? Over a man? Did you check him first?"