Merry Belated Christmas (Reidxfemale!Reader) Part 2

Reid was on the table for 16 hours. The bullet ricochetted in his rib cage and lodged itself dangerously close to his left lung. Part way through hour eight, y/n looked at her buzzing phone.

"Hey, Garci."

"Hi! How are you? Do you need anything?"

"No thanks. I don't really feel like talking right now. Sorry." Y/n hung up without waiting for a reply. Half an hour later Garcia walked up to y/n with a tote bag and two coffees.

"I know you said you didn't need anything but here I am anyway. And don't worry, you don't need to talk." Garcia set her things down, handed one coffee to y/n, then began emptying the tote bag.

"Baby wipes, because I know you haven't been home to shower... A change of clothes, just so you feel fresher... Candy, because I know you have a sweet tooth... And this for good vibes and luck." She handed y/n a rainbow kitty plush toy.

"Thank you, Garci."

"Anything for family." The two hugged then Garcia sat down next to y/n. She noticed she was not drinking her coffee and felt worried.

"Sweetie, is there something else wrong?" Garcia asked, eyeing the undrunk coffee.

Y/n told Garcia, who proceeded to squeal and squish her.

. . .

"Are you," the nurse looked down at his clipboard, "y/n? Spencer Reid has been going on ab-"

"Is he okay?" y/n asked anxiously.

"I'll take that as a yes. He's going to be fine." The nurse smiled lightly, but y/n looked apprehensively at the floor. "He's pretty out of it but you can see him i-"

"Thank you!" Y/n grabbed her things and dashed off to Reid's room; she saw the room number on the clipboard the nurse was holding.

"Spence? Oh my God baby!" Y/n rushed over to Reid's side and hugged him as hard as she thought he could handle.

"Hi." Reid winced a little.

"Sorry!" Y/n jumped back and teared up a bit.

"No, no. It was a good pain," Reid said, waving y/n back over.

The two embraced for what felt like an eternity. They would have held on longer but y/n needed to tell him.

"Spence?"

"Mmhmm?"

"I- I want to explain this morning... When I wasn't feeling good?"

"Yes! I'm so sorry! How are you now?"

Y/n shook her head. He's worried about me? y/n thought. Me? Despite what's just happened?

"God I love you," y/n finally said. "I'm fine now. Better than fine, actually. I, um, I just had a little morning sickness is all."

"You- what?!" Reid sat up straighter and opened his eyes wide with excitement. "Y/n. A- are you..."

She nodded "Yes, Spence." Y/n cried, happy tears this time. "We're pregnant!"

Reid cried and pulled y/n in and kissed her on the forehead. "I love you. I love you both, so much."

~ 7 months later ~

Y/n was walking around the bedroom, slightly distressed.

"Spence!" she called. "Have you seen my black shoes anywhere? I need them for... work." She said work at a normal volume; Reid came into the room holding them just out of her reach.