Shut Up and Dance (GarciaxReader)

Based on/incorporating Walk the Moon's Shut Up and Dance

It was your birthday. Garcia had somehow convinced you to go out clubbing with her and the rest of the team. However, just minutes before you got to the club, everyone canceled. Everyone except Garcia.

Oh, don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me, I said, "You're holding back". She said, "Shut up and dance with me". This woman is my destiny. She said, "Oooooh, shut up and dance with me"

You were nervous. You'd never been alone with Garcia. You made sure never to be. You had a major crush on that spunky tech whiz with the unyielding energy. You didn't know if she liked you back, though. On the one hand, she flirted with you constantly. On the other, Penny G flirts with everyone.

We were victims of the night; a chemical, physical, kryptonite; helpless to the bass and fading light. Oh, we were bound to get together, bound to get together.

"Y/N!" Garcia shouted over the music. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'M SO SORRY EVERYONE ELSE BAILED. BUT WE'RE GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN!"

"Y- YEAH. I GUESS," you responded.

"BOO! YOU'RE NO FUN RIGHT NOW. WE NEED TO GET SOME ALCOHOL IN YOU!"

Before you could protest, Garcia ran off to get you something. When she returned she had four shot glasses.

"ONE, TWO, THREE!" The two of you threw back the first and second shots in rapid succession. You were already feeling tipsy.

"Not good," you thought. The last thing you needed was to get weird and sappy on Garcia.

She took my arm, I don't know how it happened, we took the floor and she said, "Oh, don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me", I said, "You're holding back". She said, "Shut up and dance with me".

"I LOVE THIS SONG!" Garcia screamed, dragging you to the dance floor.

"I- I DON'T DANCE."

"WELL, YOU DO NOW! COME ONE!" she urged.

As you watched her dance, you felt your stomach drop. You saw her confidence and it only made her more beautiful. You stood there, staring like an idiot until she came over to you and started moving your arms for you in an attempt to get you dancing.

This woman is my destiny. She said, "Oooooh, shut up and dance with me"

"I love you."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

"NOTHING!" you shouted back. "Well, not nothing," you said in a normal voice. "But, nothing you need to hear."

A backless dress and some beat up sneaks; my discotheque Juliet, teenage dream. I felt it in my chest since she looked at me; I knew we were bound to be together, bound to be together.

Garcia kept dancing, allowing you to find more things to love about her. Her style was the next thing you noticed. That night she was wearing a low-back green dress that ended in a flirt skirt, paired with the tallest sandal wedges you'd ever seen. You were just beginning to daydream about it when you were snapped back to reality by a pair of hands on your shoulders.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Garcia said into your ear.

She took my arm, I don't know how it happened.

You nodded. You became aware that the song changed.

We took the floor...

"DANCE WITH ME," you demanded.

And she said...

The two of you danced side by side, progressively getting closer. You were pretty sure at one point Garcia was grinding on you.

This woman is my destiny.

You swallowed hard.

Deep in her eyes, I think I see the future. I realize this is my last chance. She took my arm, I don't know how it happened. We took the floor...

You locked eyes with her. Suddenly, you were lost in them. You kept looking deeper and deeper, getting closer to what you could only assume was her nuclear core of unicorn rainbows. You mustered up the courage and faced her dead on. You leaned in and closed your eyes.

She kissed you back.

You pulled away from each other and stared.

This woman is my destiny. That you knew for certain.