*Love Letters (HotchxReader)

Requested by Different_is_Bliss

You let out a slow breath you didn't know you were holding.

"That was really good," Reid whispered to you.

"Thanks," you mumbled back.

"Alright, let's give one more thank you to the BAU agents for coming here to talk to us!" the professor prompted. "If you have questions, now is the time to ask them."

Several hands went up. One by one each question was asked, most of them directed at Hotch since he's the unit chief or Reid for being so young.

"I have a question for agent y/l/n?" someone in the back called.

You snapped to attention. "Really?"

The student nodded. "Yeah. How did you get involved with the FBI?"

You tensed up. Hotch saw this and tried to help.

"Uh, Agent y/l/n isn't comfortable discussing tha-"

"No," you interrupted. "No, I- I'm okay."

Hotch gave you a concerned look but you shrugged it off.

"Uh, I guess I joined the BAU in a, well, an unorthodox method. Ehehe I um, uh..." You swallowed hard, trying to calm yourself down. "I was rescued by the team."

There were scattered gasps.

You took a slow breath as you delved into you nagging past.

~ three years ago ~

"DINNER!" you heard the same shrill voice cry.

Painfully, you dragged yourself to the front of your cage, barely letting the light touch your now pale and sensitive skin.

"Here," the voice said again, unceremoniously putting a tray just outside the bars. That night's dinner was a stale slice of bread and a plate, yes plate, of soup.

You grabbed the bread and tried to eat it, abandoning the attempt after a few bites.

You went back to the darkest corner of your cell and stared at the wall, just waiting for sleep, or death, you didn't mind which one came.

"FBI OPEN UP!"

Your thoughts were interrupted by a banging.

"Hello? Anyone here?" a new voice called.

You stayed silent.

"Y/n?"

You stiffened. The voice knew your name.

"Y/n," it repeated, softer this time. "Y/n I'm not going to hurt you."

You stayed put. "Mother would be mad," you just more than whispered.

"Y/n your mother is dead. You can come out now. It's okay."

You sat in disbelief. "No," you whispered. "No, she's lying," you insisted. "She's lying!" you shouted.

The voice quickly came close to you, standing just outside the bars. "Y/n you're safe now. I'm Aaron, I'm with the good guys. I promise your mother is dead."

You crawled toward Aaron to catch a better glimpse of his face. You didn't know what, but you felt safe with him.

Cautiously, you made your way up to the bars, almost touching Aaron.

"I'm going to open the cage, okay?"

You nodded.

Aaron pulled open the door, holding it open for you.