Nightmare (RossixReader)

You and the team were getting on the jet. Everyone was tired and varying degrees of frozen. You, being from San Francisco and therefore not accustomed to Montana winters, were violently shaking in your seat and trying, unsuccessfully, to hide it.

"Here, y/n," Rossi said, taking off his coat and handing it to you.

"Th- thanks," you mumble, hastily engulfing yourself in the warmth.

"Mind if I..." Rossi gestured to the seat next to you.

"Go- go a- head," you chattered.

Rossi gently sat next to you and pulled out his notepad, every now and again jotting in it. You wanted to ask what he was writing about but felt yourself getting sleepy. Carefully, you shifted yourself so you sat completely upright, so as not to lean on your crush. You let your eyes close as the jet takes off.

"HELP! SOMEONE, HELP ME!" you hear ringing down the hall.

"Okay! I'm coming!" you call back. You walk down the hall, only to begin aimlessly falling.

You hear the cries for help grow fainter and fainter as you fall farther into the pit.

You blink and you're standing in a white tile room.

"Glad you could join us, y/n/n" a twisted voice cackles.

You look around you to see someone in a chair facing the wall in front of you.

"Of course, it's really only me now," the voice continues.

You wobble over to face the seated person.

You see Rossi staring back, his eyes glazed over, lifeless and dull.

"No. No!" you cry. Rossi heard you and looked over. He saw you twisting and turning and the tears sprinting down your face.

"Shh, shh," he coaxed. Rossi pulled you close to him, letting your head rest on his chest. "Shh. Va bene, va bene," it's okay, it's okay, he whispered.

The steady beating of Rossi's heart soothed you.

Once you stopped squirming, Rossi lowered his head and kissed your temple.

"We'll talk when you wake up, amore mio," my love, he cooed. Smiling, he added one more note:

Even through nightmares, still beautiful.