*We Meet Again (ReidxReader)

Requested by MarthaBelin | Also, this book has like 115k reads HOW SHOULD I THANK YOU FOR THIS?? Writing challenge? Poetry? Q&A? Face reveal? Actually maybe not that one...

You were starting your freshman year of high school when you met Spencer Reid. The prepubescent boy caught your attention during a school pep rally.

"Who's that?" you asked the kid sitting next to you.

"Who?"

"The little kid in the senior's section."

The student scanned the group and sighed. "Spencer Reid. He's 12 and graduating this May."

Your eyebrows knitted. "How?"

"Pfft. Hell if I know. Kid's a freak."

"Hey!" you defended.

"What? He your boyfriend?" she jeered.

A few days later you finally got to talk to the Spencer Reid.

Spencer was hurrying through the halls when a much bigger and older classmate of his tripped him.

"Whoops. Sorry squirt," the jock laughed, kicking Spencer's notebooks down the hall as he strutted off.

You ran and got the far-flung books before crouching before a now teary-eyed Spencer.

"Th- thanks," he whispered.

"No problem. You're Spencer, right?"

The boy nodded, not looking up.

"I'm y/n."

"I know," he barely mumbled.

You cocked your head. "You know who I am?"

He nodded. "You're the only one who doesn't laugh when they make fun of me."

"But how do you know my name?"

Spencer said nothing but pointed to your lanyard.

"Oh. My ID. Right." Waiting for a response but not getting one you cleared your throat. "Uh, well what class you heading to?"

"BC calc."

"Who teaches that?"

"Mrs. Branson."

"I'll walk you there."

"You don't have to do that!" Spencer quickly responded.

"It's okay. I'm going to English, which is in the same hall. It's not a problem."

You stood up and extended your hand out to help Spencer up.

. . .

"HA! WHATCHA GONNA DO, FREAK?" a girl shouted from the crowd.

Spencer was tied to a pole. Stark naked.

More shouting came from the crowd.

Once you figured out what was happening you ran to the teacher on lunch duty.

"Mr. Morris! Mr. Morris, you've gotta do something!"

"What's happening?" he asked with minimal concern.

"Some upperclassmen tied Spencer Reid to a pole and he's- why are you laughing?"

Mr. Morris cleared his throat. "No reason. No reason."

"This isn't funny! They've stri-"

"Look, kid, this is just how high school is. There are jerks."

"But they-"

"Are they hitting him?"

"No but his clothes are-"

"Is he bleeding?"

"No but why does that-"

"Then what can I really-"

You didn't wait to hear Mr. Morris' excuse. You ran to the football field and untied Spencer.

"Hey! Come on! We're just having a little fun!" someone shouted.

You ignored them, untying your friend.

"Back off, freshman!" a senior yelled, grabbing your shoulder.

"You better run. I told the principle and she called the cops. So if there's a brain in that hair gel you'd run."

The senior scoffed. "You're lying."

"Fine! Don't believe me! See if I care!" You shook the guy off your shoulder and finished untying Spencer. 

By then everyone had run off.

"Here," you softly said, handing Spencer his underwear. Dusting off his shirt and pants, you handed them to him next.

Spencer tried to thank you but he was still shaken up.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to say anything. Come on. Let's get you some lunch."

From that day on the two of you were inseparable. That is until graduation came. Once Spencer graduated he went off to college and you moved to Vermont. Not having a cell phone at the time, you lost all contact with your best friend. Temporarily, that is.

As fate would have it, you joined the BAU, the same team Spencer was on.

He wouldn't remember me, you reasoned, so you said nothing one your first day. This awkward behavior continued for about a week until Spencer finally spoke up.

"Y/n, uh... h- hey, what's wrong?" Spencer asked cautiously.

You looked up at him, nose red and eyes rather dry. "Uh yeah. Yeah. Everything's fine."

"Clearly it's not," Spencer responded.

You shook your head. "It's nothing, Reid. My girlfriend and I broke up recently and it's just-"

"Girlfriend?"

"... been a little- uh, yeah. Girlfriend. Why?"

"I uh just- just always assumed you liked- uh... liked boys."

"Always?" you questioned.

Spencer went pale. "Um, yeah. I- I remember you from high school."

You sniffled. "Well, for what it's worth, I remember you, too."

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

"I thought it would be creepy. I didn't think you'd remember me. I mean, you were what? Eleven?"

"Twelve," he corrected. "And of course I remember you! You- you were my knight in shining armor," he muttered.

You blinked in shock.

"Anyway!" Spencer quickly interjected. "You- you like girls..."

"What about it?"

"I just kinda hoped- THOUGHT! Thought you liked- liked guys."

You scoffed. "Honestly at this point, I'd be better off liking them over women."

Spencer let out a dry chuckle.

"But alas. Women are still pretty great."

"Yeah..."

"But so are men so, you know."

Spencer, who had casually perched himself on the edge of your desk, was now on the floor.

"Spencer!"

Scrambling, the young doctor stood up. "I'm good. I'm good. Um, it's just- uh- you- you like- like me- uh MEN! Men. Hehe. Uh, you- you like men... too?"

You smirked at the now flustered agent. "Yeah. Uh, I'm pan. Hope that doesn't ruin our friendship," you joked.

Spencer shook his head quickly.

"Good," you baited. "Hopefully this won't either." You leaned in and softly kissed Spencer.

Let's just say your friendship was anything but ruined.