*Mr. Fluffles (ReidxChild!Reader)

Requested by maskimoo | d/f/n = dad's first name

It was three in the afternoon when Spencer came home. Exhausted, he missed the keyhole twice before dropping the keys.

"Damnit," he muttered.

"Ooooo you said a bad woooooord!" you teased.

Spencer looked up to see you giggling a little way down the hall.

"Don't worry! I won't tell!" you promised.

Spencer smiled. "Thanks, y/n. How are you-" a yawn interrupted him.

"Ahhh!" you yelled, covering your eyes. "Stop! I might catch it! I don't wanna be tired."

"You can't catch being tired," he corrected, "not really. Yawning when you see someone else yawn is more of an indicator of empathy than anything. It's not making you more tired."

You blinked in awe. "You're really smart."

Spencer grinned. "Thanks. Wait. Where's my key?" Spencer began furiously rummaging through his pockets.

"It's right here," you said, walking over to his feet and handing him the bronze key.

"Oh. Thanks," he replied, ruffling your hair.

You craned your neck to look up and smile at the man. Being only five, you only came up to his waist so making eye contact this close was difficult.

"Do you wanna play with me and Mr. Fluffles?" you asked, holding up your worn-out stuffed rabbit.

"Maybe later. I need to go to sleep right now," Spencer replied, finally unlocking his door.

"Like a nap?"

Spencer nodded.

"Oh. Okay. Bye Spencer!" you called, running back down the hall.

A few hours later there was a knock on Spencer's door.

"Mmm, yeah? Oh. Hi, Mr. y/l/n, hi y/n."

"Hi hi hi!" you said, bouncing a little. You were carrying a little green backpack full of coloring books and crayons.

"Spencer, we're neighbors, you can call me d/f/n," you dad chuckled. "Anyway, I'm so sorry for the late notice, but, can you watch y/n for a few hours? I need to go into work and the regular babysitter can't come."

Spencer scrubbed his eyes. "Uh, sure. I can watch y/n."

"Thank you so much!" You dad bent down to your eye level. "Okay, you're gonna stay with Spencer for a little while, okay? Daddy's gotta go to work."

"Okay!" You eagerly dashed into Spencer's apartment.

"Thank you so much again."

"No problem. What time do you think you'll be back?"

"Uh, I should only be gone for... three hours or so? So around eight?"

Spencer nodded. "Does y/n have any allergies? I need to know for dinner."

"Nope. No food allergies. I really have to go. Thank you so much. Bye, y/n!"

Spencer closed the door and spun around to face you.

"You have a lot of books."

Spencer smiled. "Yeah, I do."

"They look like the kind without any pitures in them."

Chuckling, Spencer shook his head. "You're right. They don't have any pictures."

"That's okay. The books I have are all pitures. See?" You held up your half colored picture of a beach.