*Partner Trap (EllexReader)

Rock band AU requested by TheJokerReject

"THANK YOU SEATTLE! YOU'VE BEEN GREAT! HAVE AN AWESOME NIGHT! WE LOVE YOU TOO!" you shout at the crowd. You turn around to leave the stage, a big goofy smile on your face.

"Bout time you finally got off! Thought I was gonna have to call security to get you back here!" your manager jokes.

"Mmhmm, yeah. Thanks, Todd." You wink at him in jest and walk, nay, strut back to your dressing room. When you reach it you are greeted by Elle Greenaway, bass player, and your best friend.

"Great show today, Asteroid," she teases using your stage name.

"You too, Elle," you reply laughing.

"Why asteroid?"

"You know whyyy," you whine.

"Tell me again," she urges.

You sigh. "Because, when we started, I wanted to be a rock star..."

"And?"

"And an asteroid is a space rock that forms close to the sun, which is a star," you bashfully continue.

Elle laughs. "Be proud of your hobbies! They're cute and endearing." With that, Elle blows you a kiss and walks out, swishing her hips.

You smile warmly before pulling out your phone and going on Twitter.

"Great audience tonight. Love you all. XOXO. Tweet." Within seconds you have thousands of retweets and numerous direct tweets.

@spacerocker Love you and @ellieg ! #ellesteroid

#ellesteroid is my OTP! When r u gonna be official??

$5 says @spacerocker and @ellieg kiss in NYC

Scrolling through a few tweets you laugh at the thought of you and Elle together.

"Sure, she's amazing," you mutter. "And hot, I guess... No. No! We can't! Th- that would be unprofessional," you reason. "And I don't even like her. Not like that."

. . .

Three weeks pass and you and the band are playing your last show in New York. Everyone just checked into their rooms when Elle suggests going to dinner.

"Cool. I'll get Jacks and Ruby. You got Nellie?"

"Actually, I was hoping you and I could spend some time together. As friends!" she quickly adds.

"Oh, um, okay. Great! It's been awhile since we've hung out, just the two of us."

"Perfect. Meet you in the lobby in 20 minutes?"

"Yeah."

Elle leaves your room and you pull out your phone to tweet quickly.

"Date night with @ellieg . Mmm, no." You delete the tweet. "Chill night with @ellieg tonight. That'll work." You send the tweet and read through some of the responses.

AHHH! OPERATION #ELLESTEROID GO!

#operationellesteroid

Chill? Like, Netflix and chill??

"Shit. I did not think that through..."

You hear a knock at your door.

"Hey, y/n."

"Ah hahaha hey Elle... Um, did you see the—"

"It's not a big deal, y/n/n. It's kinda cute, actually."

You sigh with relief. "Oh thank god. Okay, um, good. I- I'm ready to go if you are?"

"Yeah, let's go."

"So how you'd hear about with place?" you ask.

"It was, um, recommended to me..."

"By?"

"Several thousand fans?"

You stop walking. "And you didn't find that at all, I don't know, Parent Trap-y?"

"Maybe? But partner trap, not parent."

. . .

Friday night rolls around and you are finishing up your first show in New York. You notice that Elle is a little off tonight. Her performing is still amazing, but she is unfocused, distracted even. As you sing the last refrain you see her walking toward you.

Strange, you think. That's not the blocking...

You shake your head and keep singing. The next thing you know, Elle is right next to you. As you finish the song, Elle says, just loud enough for you to hear.

"Te amo mucho. Quiero besar tú." I love you very much. I want to kiss you.

You freeze. You let your shocked expression melt off your face as you turn to her, cocking your head to the left.

The crowd screams as the other band members clap for you.

You hear shouts of "Finally," and "Yes!" from the crowd, and "'bout time!" from Nellie.

Elle pulls away and locks eyes with you, shock now on her face.

"You- you speak Spanish." she comments dumbfoundedly.

"Sí. Soy estudiando para ti," Yes. I am studying for you, you respond.