Just Faster (ReidxReader)

This update is dedicated to everyone currently taking AP exams. May the subject die a slow, painful death.

"Come back!" you yelled.

"Not a chance!" Spencer replied, running out of your apartment and into the hall.

"Spencer, I need that!" You ran faster but still trailed a good few feet behind your boyfriend.

"Catch meeeee!" he shouted back at you.

You chased him for a few minutes before Spencer called a truce.

"H- here," he panted, sweat resting on his brow.

"Th- anks," you said, snatching the notebook from him. "I totally would have-" you cut yourself off to breath as you flipped through the journal, "beaten you if you- you didn't cheat."

"I didn't cheat!" Spencer smirked before continuing. "I'm just faster..."

You rolled your eyes and were about to playfully slap him when he grabbed you and pulled you into his chest, kissing you hard.

"Y/n y/l/n I—" He walked away before finishing the thought.

Chuckling you muttered, "and I you, Doctor. And I you."

~ three days later ~

Spencer woke up and looked around.

"Y/n?"

"In here," you responded.

Spencer got up and walked to the bathroom. "Honey, are you-" he cut himself off as he stared at you.

You were curled up on the floor in front of the toilet trying very hard not to let your stomach send its content in reverse.

"I'm okay," you say, managing to stand up but remaining fairly hunched over.

"No, you're not." Spencer walked over to you and warmly embraced you. "Now we're just gonna go right back to bed, okay?"

"No," you half-heartedly protested. "I need to get ready for work." Your voice cracked with the last word, startling you.

"Uh huh, no you're not."

"Yes I am!"

"But you're dying!"

You looked at Spencer and shook your head over his dramatics. "Yes, I am. We all are."

"Okay, not what I meant." He returned the look with an eye roll.

"Maybe I'm just faster," you said with a flick of your eyebrows.