Twinkle Twinkle (ReidxReader)

Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have this wish I wish tonight.

"Wow!" you exclaimed with an excited sigh. "This is incredible." You sat down and fell backward so you were lying on the prickly grass.

"Yeah, it- it really is."

You inhaled slowly. "I never knew that stars are so pretty."

"What? Now you're gonna tell me they don't have stars where you're from?"

You laughed. "We do. Or, at least I think we do. I'm from the city. There's too much light pollution. But out here?" You clicked your tongue. "Out here it's perfect."

"Yeah," Spencer agreed. "It really is." Spencer shifted from his sitting position to lying down next to you. "But, I have noticed that the others, they can't spend more than a day out here."

"Why's that?" you asked, not looking away from the sky.

"No cell reception."

"Ahhh," you chuckled. "Yeah, that doesn't really bother me."

"It doesn't?" Spencer asked skeptically.

"Nah. No one calls or texts me anyway. Just for work."

Spencer nodded. "Me too. Me too," he repeated, softer the second time.

"So Gideon just, lets you use this place whenever you want?"

"Pretty much. All I have to do is call him and ask for the keys."

The two of you sat in contentment next to each other.

Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have this wish I wish tonight.

"We should do this more often," you suggested.

"Definitely."

As you lay in the field watching the stars, Spencer nibbled on his lip with nervousness. He suddenly realized he had no idea how he was supposed to-

"Shooting star!" you cried. You quickly shut your eyes and murmured a wish.

Spencer suddenly had an idea. Turning to you he opened his mouth to speak. As you hear him sigh you cut him off.

"I know, I know. It's not actually a star. It's a meteor and is disintegrating in the atmosphere. That's why it has a tail and there's no point wishing."

Mildly deflated, Spencer responded, "Actually I was just gonna ask what you wished for."

"Oh," you replied bashfully. "Well I can't tell you," you recovered.

"Why not?"

"Silly, if I tell then it won't come true."

Spencer scrunched his lips into a contemplating pout. "Wanna know what I wished for?"

"It won't come true if you say," you said in a sing-song voice.

"Actually, I think the odds are worse if I don't. So, may I?"

You shrugged. "Alright, sure."

"Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might have this wish I wish tonight. I wish that the brilliant person next to me will say yes."

You shot straight up. "Wait, what? Spencer, what are you-"

Before you could finish Spencer had sat up and turned around facing you on one knee. "Y/n I love you."

"No, no!" you shouted as you covered your mouth.

Spencer's shoulders dropped.

Confused but smiling you said, "keep going, keep going!"

Realizing you meant 'no' in a shocked way he smiled and continued. "You've always been there for me and are both the best friend and partner I could ever ask for. Will you marry me?"

You don't really remember saying yes, but you must have because the next memory you have is being engulfed in a hug and falling back, the grass stabbing you lightly.

"This is actually happening!" you whispered excitedly.

Once the both of you stopped crying, you headed back to Gideon's cabin.

"Jason they're coming," Hotch said.

"And that's our cue to leave," Gideon replied, putting the finishing touches on the table. "There's a back door through the kitchen."

The two men quietly snuck out, but not before Spencer saw them and mouthed a thank you.

"Looks like the stars aren't the only things shining tonight," Gideon chuckled.