*Я тебя люблю (ReidxSibling!Reader)

Requested by hannahhyatt14 | the title is pronounced "yeah teh-byah loo-bloo" and, no I don't speak Russian

June 30, 2018: LINGUISTIC UPDATE! Shout out to my friend Zoë for correcting the Russian used in the story. That's the only change made so don't feel like you gotta read through the whole thing again.

The team was standing outside the foreclosed building; Hotch and Prentiss at the front, Rossi and JJ at the back, and you, Spencer, and Morgan at the side.

The three of you heard Hotch banging on the door and shouting.

"Okay we're going in with force," Hotch said into his com.

Morgan nodded to you and Spencer. "I'll break it down on three," he said in a low voice.

"Я тебя люблю," Spencer whispered.

You smiled. "I love you too," you whispered back.

Moments later you were inside. You decided to split off from your brother and Morgan and stay on the main level of the building.

As you crept around a corroding wall you realized you were alone. Isolated from your team.

"Guys?" you called out.

You turned to go to the stairs when a sharp blow made the world go dark.

. . .

You blinked your eyes into focus, taking in your surroundings. You were suspended from the roof of an old... shed? To be completely honest you had no clue where you were.

You struggled against your restraints to no avail.

You let out a muttered curse as the door creaked open. An unfamiliar perfume wafted into the room. It was calming for a moment. Almost pleasant. In fact, it would have been in any other situation.

You saw a shadow approach.

Silent except for the footsteps, the figure stalked over to what you realized was a table. The figure picked something up off the table and swiftly hit you with it, knocking you out once again.

. . .

"You keep pacing like that and you're gonna start a fire," Rossi joked.

Spencer snapped his head up and replied, tonelessly, "The amount of friction required to start a fire on nylon carpet cannot be achieved by pacing. Especially mine."

Rossi would have normally cut the doctor off, explaining it was a joke. But this time he didn't. He knew the boy's rambling helped him cope with your absence.

Hotch came out of his office and froze upon seeing Spencer.

"Anything?" he asked, hope fading in his eyes.

"Reid, when's the last time you-"

"Have you found anything?" Spencer demanded.

"Reid I think you should go home."

Spencer slammed his fists on his desk. "NOT UNTIL Y/N IS SAFE!"

Hotch was about to yell back when he saw the young man's shoulders convulsing. "Reid," he cooed.

Rossi stood up and embraced Spencer.

"I- I'm try- trying to ign- nor the statistics but-" a sob cut him off.

"But you being you can't do that, huh?" Rossi finished with a chuckle. "Hey, it's okay. We're gonna find y/n, okay? If there's one thing I know about the Reids, it's that you're not easily taken out."