*Not Like This (PrentissxReader) Part 2

Warning: mentions of panic attack and anxiety disorder | Requested by PagetisQueen

You wake up in a hospital room. There is a cannula in your nose and a heart monitor clip on your finger. Slowly, you look around the room to see a frantic Emily pacing outside in the hall. The two of you make eye contact as she rushes in.

"It is you," you whisper with a smile. You start to cry.

"I'm so glad you're alright," she replies, engulfing you in a tender hug. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to leave things like that. I just-"

"I know, I know," you interrupt.

"...couldn't tell you for your safety," she finishes, completely unphased by your interjection.

"It's okay," you insist. "Really." You shuffle slightly so as to make room for Emily on your bed. "Sit," you command, patting the space gently.

"I'm so sorry," she repeats.

You shake your head. "What happened? How did I end up in the hospital?"

Emily looks worriedly at you. "You- you don't remember?"

"I know I had a panic attack, but that's pretty much it."

Emily lets out a small sigh. "I started CPR when a store employee walked out. She called the ambulance."

You nod nonchalantly.

Emily squirms at this. "You're not worried?" She realizes something. "How long?"

"How long what?" you ask, though you know what she's asking about.

"How long have you had this anxiety?"

You don't answer.

"Y/n, please," she begs.

"Since you died?"

Tears prick at Emily's eyes.

"No, no! It- it's not your fault. I just- I didn't say goodbye." You take a shuddering breath. "The last thing I told you was to get out. The last thing I ever said to you was angry."

Emily holds you tightly, almost as if she's afraid you'll disappear if she doesn't keep you there.

"I'm sorry," you whimper.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't know you-" She takes a breath. "I wasn't hurt- if it helps. I knew what you meant, and you had every right to say it."

You cry a little.

"Hey," Emily coos, brushing the tears from your face. "I'm back now, okay? I can stop hiding. The reason I was away is gone."

"So you'll be my girlfriend again?" you ask tentatively.

"Yes, yes I will," she responds with a confident kiss.