*What the Heart Wants (ReidxReader)

Requested by Sammy_Black_Widow

You were in you and Spencer's shared apartment. Both of you were sitting on the couch. Spencer inched his way closer to you. Normally you would notice his advances and scoot toward him. But ever since you entered your second year with him, you stopped feeling that romantic spark. So instead, you pretended not to notice Spencer's movement, keeping your attention on the screen in front of you.

"Kinda cool, isn't it?" you offhandedly mumbled.

"What is?" Spencer asked. You could tell by his tone that he wasn't really interested. He was just happy you were interacting with him.

"The figures. They craft them so precisely." You could feel that you didn't mean it. That you didn't actually care about the process of making porcelain dolls. You, and undoubtedly Spencer, could hear it in your voice.

"Are you bored?" Spencer asked. He stopped sliding closer to you.

You nodded.

"Well then." Spencer switched off the TV. "Wanna do something more fun?"

"Like what?" Your voice lacked enthusiasm.

"Like go for a walk? Sit at the park? Play cards?"

You smirked. "I hate playing cards with you," you playfully reminded.

Spencer laughed. "Yeah, I know. So... wanna go to the park?"

"Okay," you sighed.

"What's wrong?"

You shook your head. "Come on. It'll be too dark soon."

"Okay. Lemme just go to the bathroom really quickly."

As Spencer existed the room you felt a buzz in your pocket. Looking down you saw it was your best friend Taylor.

Taylor: Hey whats up?

You: nothing. headed to the park with spence

Taylor: Ur still with him? He boring!

You exhaled sharply. "He is not," you muttered, angrily typing your response.

You: he is NOT BORING! sure he may be not what ur looking for but hes great!! he's sweet and always makes sure im ok! u got a problem with him i dont wanna hear it

Taylor: Jesus I'm sorry!

Taylor: I thought you wanted to break things off with him??

"Okay, I'm ready!"

You quickly slid your phone into your pocket before following Spencer out the door.

Once you were at the park the mood shifted right back to how it was when you were sitting on the couch. Only now you felt physically cold as well.

"This is nice," Spencer said awkwardly.

"Yep," you replied flatly.

"So..."

"Mmm."

"Uh..."

"Should we get dinner—"

"Yes!" Spencer eagerly responded. "Uh I- I mean uh," he cleared his throat, "yeah. Yeah dinner would be a good idea. What do- What do you wanna... ea—"

"The Greek place down the block?"

"Sounds good." He almost interrupted you with how keen he was on doing something.