Act 20

"So that happened, Seijuro. Thank goodness I could drive now and was able to go here. If not, I would ask a driver, but that would take time" Shuichi explained everything Akashi Masaomi did from the day he was involved to Shirayuki's case, and sighed in relief in the end. Akashi also tell him what happened to him and Shirayuki. "But we still don't know the full story of Shirayuki-chan's, we only know that her condominium was burnt down, and according to the landlady, Shirayuki-chan were wet and bleeding when she saw her last, and men wearing black clothes were after her, firing guns at her"

Silence engulfed the room as the heavy rain and wind backlash against the wooden house. The loud thunderstorms also could be heard.

"Did you talk to her butler?"

"Her butler was moved to the hospital in Tokyo. He received a 3rd degree burn, gunshots and still unconscious. Her family from Europe is doing their private investigation. But they just arrived yesterday morning, and they were on their way to Kyoto when I left, since her relatives here didn't do anything. Her relatives from Europe only found out when Haruna-chan told them personally" Shuichi looked at Shirayuki and tears gathered on the corner of his eyes "ah, oh yeah, on my way here, I think uncle already announced it, but they made it short and clear"

"Yeah, I am sure they already knew what I meant."

"So you knew who is behind-?"

"The wife of Shirayuki's father" Akashi answered "and you know that person well, Shuichi"

"I know who? Are you sure? I mean, Sei-"

"Shuichi, I know who is her father and I already investigated it. Shirayuki and I had the deal. I know that I broke that deal, but I am already in this stage. They will pay for it, for dragging me into this mess"

"You involved yourself"

"So are you saying that I should have let her-"

"No I don't mean that" Shuichi sighed in defeat, and just remained silence, not wanting to argue anymore. The window of the wooden house started cracking, and water was flowing in from the roof. 

"Anyway, first thing in the morning, we need to bring her to the hospital.. For now, since the water is flowing over there, we need to bring here to the other side"

Akashi ordered Shuichi to relocate the bed to the other side as he gently carried Shirayuki in his arms. From the door, Chiyo was watching them, amazed to how strong they were. Akashi noticed her and smiled gently

"What are you doing there, Chiyo?"

"Nii-chan, you really look like your cousin" she excitedly stood next to him and her hair still covering half of her face but then he noticed that sadness covered her face "Also, nii-chan, tomorrow, you... and that nee-chan will leave"

Akashi chuckled and lay Shirayuki back to her bed "Indeed, we will leave tomorrow" Akashi answered that made Chiyo sobbed. But to her surprise, and even Shuichi, Akashi gently patted her head "However, I promise that I will return here, with this nee-chan here. She needs to get better so we need to bring her to the hospital. But I am sure, this nee-chan here will surely want to see you."

"That's what papa promised to Chiyo. Even mama, but, papa is not yet back and mama died in accident" Akashi narrowed his eyes then turned to Kikukiri baasan who was standing on the door

"Then, I promise to bring your papa back."

"Seijuro-kun, please don't make a promise-"

"Baa-san, I will make sure to bring him back. Don't worry, I can do that." Akashi assured him then turned to his cousin to back him up