Act 49

The final tip off for Winter Cup commenced, and the tension was lit up. Indeed, we expected lots from Seirin, but it exceeded our expectations.

"As expected, Seirin is very unpredictable." Hayama-senpai chuckled

"You can say that, but the most unpredicted one is after all Kuroko" Reo-nee corrected "you really don't know what he wanted to do."

"But well, they have one mistake though" I chuckled

"One mistake?" They asked and even Akashi

"You have me here" I winked and they just silently looked at me "you are all no fun. Anyways, watching how he plays, how Seirin plays, unexpectedly, we might have the same mindset"

They looked at me confused to what I said, but I smiled back.

"For third quarter, Shuichi will mark Kuroko" I informed them "Akashi will mark the first year, Hayama-senpai will mark Kagami, Reo-nee and Nebuya-senpai will mark the same."

"Are you sure, that the first year will play on third quarter?" Shuichi asked and I nodded.

"He will, for sure."

~

And as I said that, the new first year who was from Teiko entered the 3rd quarter. And I could see their surprise expression once they marked them.

"I knew it, they wanted to score more even though they are not yet in pinch. They wanted to take the risk." I sighed and turned to Kagami "but, as expected, Kagami's zone, only Akashi can handle, but well, Akashi has his own too, and we have Shuichi now"

The third quarter started with Kagami's zone, and Akashi's zone.

And in the middle of third quarter,

"It's here. I knew it, he loves basketball. Even though he keeps on denying, it shows" I chuckled seeing Shuichi entered the Zone, but I could say that it's imperfect still and it showed because of desperation, but we need to use it.

Seirin was caught off guard from Shuichi's Zone, and Akashi supported him with his zone.

And at the end of third quarter, Rakuzan was up with 10 points.

Coach and I stood in front of them, and again

"Now then, same as Shutoku, we will put all 2nd years against Seirin. We will substitute the two second years after 3 minutes. Shuichi will now mark Kagami."

"They will score lots now for sure. Are you sure we need to do the substitution now?" Reo-nee worriedly asked

"That's why we need to." I stated and looked at the second years who were smirking at me "besides, I don't think they can score now. We are Rakuzan after all. There are things they can't predict."

At the start of 4th quarter, we started with all 2nd years, without Akashi.

"Eh? What are they trying to do? In this time?" I heard the spectators.

It couldn't be helped. I needed to see how will be Rakuzan next year, without the third years and Akashi. But I have nothing to worry about. At one point, this will surely happen.

And they didn't expect at all, since yesterday against Shutoku our second years didn't score nor defend much, but now they seemed like a very different team.

"You sure can think ahead, Shirayuki" I turned to Akashi that had his eyes upfront "I am really impressed"

"I am thinking of putting them from the very beginning" I answered and he confusedly looked at me "this morning, I saw the five of them on the gym. Seems like they had emergency meeting." I chuckled "and they knew already that you won't be here."