Act 67

Silence engulfed the gym as the original members stood on the side.

"I thought you will return next week?"

"Yeah, I supposed to. But well, I'd seen enough. Good job Shuichi. I'll help you on the side. Coach already gave me authority here"

"Eh? Don't tell me...?" Shuichi stood dumbfounded as she smiled at him, and he knew that something was behind the smile

"Shirayuki-senpai, what are you doing here?" Jun again asked, he actually asked her couple of times already, but was ignored

"Everyone gather around!" Shuichi called them and asked the new members to stand in front. "Let me introduce to you, our other coach, Meijin Shirayuki. She is also a third year, and also part of the student council."

"Huh?! A woman as coach?!" Hayato commented, loud enough for them to hear

"Deja vu!" Shirayuki chuckled "same, I received such words from a third year senpai last year"

"Well then, I'll clearly say it, I don't accept a woman as coach. Also, a student?! What kind of joke is this?"

"I don't mind if you don't accept me. Also, it's not you who will decide. In the end, it's me who will decide if I will accept you or not. I will decide who will play during the game after all. I have the authority here. Ah, but don't worry, I'll clearly say it as well. During Interhigh, you four aren't going to play. You miserably lost yesterday after all, after being high almighty" she mockingly told them.

The three of them glared at her but Shirayuki was smiling at them enigmatically, Jun on the other side was still at lost to what was going on

"Well, setting that aside. We will be doing the training camp again during golden week. Same as last year, we will group you. Five each, and the top two groups will be included. Also, the regular members, Shuichi, Takeuchi, Kido and Saito, they are included already."

"Uhm... how about the new members?"

"Yeah, they will also be included. Coach only said they will not play during Interhigh, but it's not that they won't be included to other activities. Ah, but that depends if they will stay here."

"We were scouted here" the twins retorted

"And so? If you can survive within a year that I am here, then Congratulations. You were scouted, but that doesn't mean you will play in the game. You are free to transfer to another school, you still have time. But I will tell you, if you want to win and want to stand on the top, you can transfer to Shutoku, Yosen, to Seirin or to those other power house schools, but you will be thrown on the side as well." Shirayuki responded and crossed her arms "listen you brats, basketball is played with five members. If you aren't willing to cooperate with your teammates here, then get lost. This isn't your former middle school, this isn't a street basketball, this isn't America! Students here are serious to win along with their team, and if you aren't going to cooperate, you are not needed!"

Shirayuki raised her voice, and everyone felt the intimidating aura from her

"Just because Akashi isn't here, doesn't mean you could slack and do what you wanted to do." Shirayuki sighed and looked at them "run around the gym for 50 laps. Today, tomorrow, and on Saturday, you are all forbidden to hold a ball."

"Eh?! Why?!" The original members asked in disbelief

"Why you asked? Because I am back. Is there any other reason? Be thankful, Akashi isn't here" she made a sweet smile "what are you still waiting for? 50 laps, now"

They immediately started running, leaving Shirayuki with Shuichi

"I really wish I do have that kind of intimidating aura." Shuichi chuckled "I lack of leadership and that's why my cousin asked Reo-nee and the others"