Act 25

~Shirayuki~

I strongly believed in the saying that "happiness is not continuous"

I was happy to know who my father is, and even happy that the case was going smoothly. And of course, don't forget that I started going out with Akashi. I also got a good result from my body test and another medical test. I got a new phone, and finally exchanged mail with Reo-nee and the others.

But, these happiness escalated quickly when my uncle, the president of Harris corporation my mother's older brother, stood across my bed, emitting a very dangerous cold aura. Akashi said that only three from my family could enter, then why is he here? Not that I didn't want to, but uncle Alfred always gives me a bad vibes.

"So you now learn your lesson." Its been a while since I last saw him and that was his greeting?!

"Brother! Didn't we talk about it?! You already know what happened!"

"Silence Elisa! I am still the head of the Harris corporation, and I have the rights to say it!" His voice roared inside like a thunder of anger. It irks my ear "this is the price of searching for your no-good father, Shirayuki! You will go back to England immediately!"

And now he said it!

"I will not go back to England. Also, why do you even care?" I asked still staying on my composure "as far as I remember, since the day you found out my mom was pregnant, you stopped caring to us. No-good father? Indeed, I haven't seen my father, but I already know who is my father. And compare to you, he is a better person"

"If he is a better person, Elaine won't suffer-"

"He didn't know that we exist since mom ran away. At least, without knowing that I am his daughter, he showed his concern towards me when I was kidnapped. And now, when everything is going smoothly, you will butt in and show your concern? What did you even do while I was comatosed?! Sat down and watch, laughing while other people solve the case?!"

"Stop it you two!" Elisa-san shouted "brother, I showed you everything and explained everything. Why are you being so stubborn?! Shirayuki, brother still cares for you, so you shouldn't say that"

"If he has nothing to say, he can leave." I lied down and gazed away "I am tired, so I want to rest"

"Shirayuki..." I heard Elisa-san sighed, and not long after they left me all alone.

Because of him, I couldn't go and have a walk. Ah, what a bad day. But I want this week to end quickly so I could do the proper rehabilitation already.

As I closed my eyes, I could hear the voice of Elisa-san shouting, though I couldn't hear what she was saying.

Not long after, I heard someone entered the room and it was Elisa-san.

"Shirayuki, you shouldn't say that to your uncle"

"He shouldn't say that to his own niece" I responded and again sat down "whatever he says, I will not got back to England. I don't care if they will me kick out of the family. I will stay here in Japan"

Elisa-san again sighed, and then sat down on the chair beside my bed "don't worry, he won't do anything from now on. Plus, I will also stay here in Japan. We wanted to stay in the main house in Tokyo, but you surely want to stay here Kyoto instead. We already bought a house, and they are doing a renovation on it. They said it will be done by the end of October"

"You will move here?!"

"Yes, with your two cousins. But since the house is still renovating, they will move once its done. So in the meantime, I am staying in Alfie's apartment. I don't want to stay in Annie's house"