Lucky Broom

"Do you have a hammer and some nails up here Naru?" I shook my head and wiped the cool ice pack on my face. "Shit... okay do you have any ideas to prevent them from getting us?"

"Uh... not really." More worry enveloped his features and he slouched on the sofa. I decided to join him and at least try to come up with a plan to... prolong our upcoming torture. We sat in silence for about five minutes before I got an idea. "There might be a broom up here." I muttered to myself and got up searching for it.

Deidara snorted, "You really think that now is the time to clean? The fuck are we gonna do with a broom?!" So irritable.

I rolled my eyes and checked the security room before heading to the bedrooms. "Just trust me, I'm not always bright in situations but at least have a bit of faith."

"Whatever." Sighing, I checked the first room but didn't find it so I checked the second and saw it in the corner. Found it. I grabbed the wooden stick and went back to the living room to see Deidara staring at me with an incredulous look. "You really did go get it? I thought you were joking."

"Nope," I said popping the 'p' before crouching down beside the stairs. I grabbed the string that was connected to the stairs and tied it around the middle of the broom stick while it laid down then admired my work. That way so when they try to pull on it, the bristled end and the handle area will prevent the broom from bending and the staircase from lowering. I turned to the blond currently moping with his face in his hands. "Ha! See you little shit, my idea worked."

His head snapped up and his eyes widened, "It worked?" I nodded with a triumphant grin. "Yes! Thank God! So how long will we hide out?"

I looked in the air for a while. Maybe a few days perhaps? Wait what about school? Fuck. "Until Monday?" I said in a light voice. I watched Dei's face morph into one of dread.

"That's not long enough! We have to wait until they're calm and less than two days is not enough Naru!" Suddenly, we heard the creaking of the staircase and immediately froze. Aw shit I hope my idea really did work! The creaking continued and the broom started to bend slightly but didn't snap then the sound ceased.

We both blew out a breath. Than- A more strained sound of creaking ensued and the broom bent the more the sound intensified. They're gonna break it! I ran to Dei, grabbed his hand and bolted for the bedroom with the laundry shoot thingy. "Dei, go down." I said frantically.

He glanced inside before looking at me as if I grew two heads. "Are you insane?! I could break something falling down there!" The sound stopped and we stared at each other with uncertainty. Is it safe or a set up? With hesitance, I crept back to the living room only to hear the wood creak again but then stop. After a few seconds, a loud bang on it made me jump and Dei squeak in surprise. Then silence.

Did they give up? Are they gone? Semi-relief took over me and a sigh escaped my lips. Now all we have to do is stay up here for two days... hopefully they'll forgive us by then...

So... this is off schedule but I felt guilty for missing my last update so I figured I'd whip up something short so... there you go. Hope you enjoyed! Byiee!!!😚✌🏿

Up-To-Date Author's Note 3/22/2020:

I noticed that I've been slacking on updates lol, friends reminding me has been really the only reason I remember. Think I should update everything at once? Or does the excitement of waiting on the next chapter (when I get my shit together) sound better? I'll take a vote, a single vote may flip the script so feel free to comment which one you want.