Chapter-9

Nandini's p.o.v.

                I was prepared for the puja and made sure their isn't a single packet of colour and uska bad ka Myrah will see because I trust her at least with this matter. It was going to be Myrah's first holi with Manik I was damn to sure that Myrah also loved holi but actually she hates it the way I do. I think this is the only quality that Myrah has taken from me because all her qualities is like Manik except this. It was good for me only that she does not like holi or else I would have to play holi. Oh! I forgot I need to call them for the puja "Mani come down for puja Myrah you also" "Yes coming " I got an answere back.
               Manik entered followed by Myrah. Sometimes I wonder that why has aiyyappa even given Manik a shadow when Myrah is enough for that I mean from tip to toe she looks exactly like Manik same smirks, same attitude, same taste, they even have common interests. The only minus point was Myrah's height, she is tall as per her age in fact her height is more than the average height of her age that too I know she will gain good height.

"Nandini. Nandini kha kho gai ho?" I came out of my thoughts as soon as I heard Manik's voice.

"Nahi kuch nahi" I answered and saw that they both were moving towards the mandir.

"Manik, Myrah kha ja rha ho?"

"Tum na  hi to bulaaya tha for puja to go hi karna ja rha hai". How dumb I was to say that.

"Ha ha chalo"

"Here take the prashad" I said to Myrah. She took it and then went and sat on the sofa. I can say she has managed everything properly. Well played Nandini by taking your daughter by your side. I was going towards Myrah, as soon as i took the first i felt someone had put colour in my face. And I know it must be Manik only. I turned my face with an irritated expression.

"Manik yeh tumne kya kiya?!"

"Face par colour lagaaya hai" Manik said it all innocently and that was enough for me to get more angry. Their again starts the Tom and Jerry run. Where Myrah being a smart soul was enjoying the show with I guess nachos.

And finally I gave up and stopped running because i know that no one can defeat him in these type of races obviously not professional racers and athlete. Where Manik hi-fived Myrah and sat next to her and shared her nachos with her. I touched the colours on my cheeks. The quantity of colour was very less. I understood at once only that it cannot be anyone else but Myrah behind it. All my anger vanished at once and now somewhere I was happy only. At least their was someone in this whole world whom Manik listens to but I don't think Myrah said directly him Myrah must have fooled him. I laughed at my thoughts and went out.

I was going towards my room. "Towel" Myrah said. I gave her a questioned look and moved a step up. Where Myrah hurriedly took two steps up. Because as per I was angry with her, actually I am not but their is no harm in acting like I am.

"Mamma go and freshen up"

"But what is the sense in taking one anyways I will have to only play holi." I said supressing my laughter beneath my breath and took two steps up.   

Where Myrah took three steps   "mumma no you don't have to play holi" I was totally enjoying this game.

"And how can you say that" it was the first time i was  angry on Myrah instead  acting like I am one because it is always Manik or Myrah who are angry and me how makes it up always. But whenever it is their chance they make sure it is something very grand.

"Mamma I can say so because if you will go and freshen up I will be able to save you from colours." I was climbing on and on where Myrah was following me.

"I don't trust you in these cases pata nahi kab you leave my team and join that Manik Malhotra's team" I could easily see that Myrah was very guilty. My heart was saying me to stop this game but my mind was saying to keep on playing this game it was kind of fun.

"Mumma please ek last time trust kar ka dekho and I promise I will save you from colours in every possible way. Please ek bar"  the way Myrah said it was enough for my heart to melt. The Malhotra's have so much of charm in them that they can even melt a stone, so I had no option but to do what Myrah says. I  took the towel from her and went inside my room.

"Wait here I will come in a minute" I tried to say little sternly but in vain.

  I came out all freshen up, I did not change my outfit as their was not much colour in it. "Mumma please follow me" Myrah said.

"No...I am not going to follow you" I said.

" mumma why are you showing me tantrums. Ek to I am helping you and instead of tanking me you are telling me you don't try at me and all. Jf you don't want to trust me don't you go I am not going to help you. Bye and ya happy playing holi with dad." And Myrah started walking.

"Nandini Malhotra rokna hai to jaldi roak lo because I will not come back once I reach the stair case" I heard Myrah's voice .