Chapter-48

In Maya's house...

"1...2...3..."

"Bhai..." as soon as Myrah was about to say something Naksh's phone rang. Maya was standing right near the bushes behind which the twins were hiding. The twins were alarmed and due to there movements there was movements and the leaves rustled. Maya heard the sound and came towards the bush. Naksh hurriedly silenced the phone. It was Manik's call. Myrah scensed Maya's footsteps which were marching towards them.

Myrah and Naksh ducked even lower. Both were scared of being caught. Just when Maya was about to look behind the bushes, The elderly lady who was now standing beside the car called her.

"Maya come on...jaldi chalo or else we will get late" saying this the lady sat in the car. Maya obeyed her commands and moved towards the car. Hearing the receding footsteps both Myrah and Naksh sighed in relief. Slowly the cars zoomed out and Myrah and Naksh came out of hiding.

"Bhai are you out of your mind?! Could you just not have put phone on silent mode. We were this close of getting her."Myrah was in rage. Naksh felt accusable. "Morover we were this close of being caught...agar kuch ho jata to..." Myrah stopped as she saw Naksh's dull expressions.

"Don't worry Bhai we'll figure something out." Myrah said in an assuring tone. Naksh just gave a weak node. They headed towards the place where there driver had parked the car.

They were walking when two people came from back picked them up and wrapped there hands around there mouth. Both resisted but the arms were too strong, still they continued their struggle. They were being carried back to Maya's house.

They halted inside Maya's living room. Their hands were tied to their back and mouths covered by the men's hand. They were held tight by the men. Maya was standing in front of them .

 Maya was standing in front of them

Maya's outfit...

Seeing Maya the twins resisted with more vigour. Maya was passive towards the kids' efforts and did what she had to. Maya sat on the chair, while the twins were still standing in front of her.

 Maya sat on the chair, while the twins were still standing in front of her

"Mein sooch hi rahi thi ki abhi tak tum dono na kuch kiya kasa nahi. And see here you are. I am happy that you didn't dissapoint me."

Naksh's phone rang again. It was in his pocket. A man came and got it his phone out from his pocket and gave it to Maya. The phone flashed Manik's name.

"Oh! It's my sweet to be husband's call. Should I pick it up and talk to him...(Maya got up and walked towards Naksh) nahi I think I should let my to be son talk (Maya creased Naksh's cheeks with her hands while Naksh moved his face away...Seeing all this Myrah blood boiled and she resisted with more moxie.) But what should you tell your dear dad? (Maya acted as if she was thinking) ha...yeh bolna that you are in your new mom's house and how loving and sweet she is...oh wait aisa to usse sach pata chal jaayega and then, then what will he do?...to better yeh hi hoga that you tell him...to what will you tell...I think the best is to tell that you are in your Nani's house enjoying yourselves. What say aggressive girl?(Maya moved towards Myrah) lets pick up the phone and talk. Am I forgetting something...oh yes I am (Maya picked up the knife from the near by table and placed it on Myrah's neck) lets talk now...pick up the phone...don't delay chalo phone uthao"

The man uncovered Naksh's mouth still having him in his grip. Another man picked up the phone and put it on speaker. Naksh's eyes were fixed on Myrah rather the knife on Myrah's neck. He was scared. Sweat beads appeared on his forehead. A lump was formed in his throat. He understood what Maya was wanting him to do.

##

At Malhotra (Maya's) Framhouse...

The house was decorated like a bride. Though Manik did not want all this extravaganza display, it was Maya who did it. Only his friends and dad were there from his side. Maya said only five people were going to attend the wedding from her side.

Manik was sitting in a room in deep pensive mood. The memories of his and Nandini's wedding flashed in his mind. Suddenly he found himself out of place. He knew where he was going. If he wanted he could have stopped, but he didn't.

##