Chapter-40

At night Malhotra Mansion ( Pune)...

Mr. Malhotra had returned home tired and weary. Still he was happy and cheerful as he was able to make an impact on Manik. The butler came and served Mr. Malhotra water. He took the water, he saw Manik coming down from the stairs.

"Dad I am going back home...I will tell you about my decision tomorrow" Manik stooped in front and said. Mr Malhotra was shocked to the core. He expected Manik to look dull and desolate. Though Manik didn't stand up to expectations. He didn't look vivacious yet.

"O...k... by the way Manik I am coming to Mumbai tomorrow so udhar hi bata de na.." Mr.Malhotra said in hesitation. Manik smiled andleft. The reason why he was cheerful was the thought of his kids and lady love. He was glad to go back home and see the happy face of his kids after such a stressful day.

##

Malhotra Mansion ( Mumbai)...

Manik stopped the car in front of the gate. He kept all his thoughts aside and wanted to indirectly talk to his kids about his decision. His call would all depend upon them. With a cheerful smile and relaxed body language he got off the car.

On entering the house Manik found both his kids running around and shouting at each other. He instantly calculated that it must be Naksh running behind Myrah. As she was the naughty one amoung the two. A smile played on his face seeing them but in the heat of the moment he plastered a serious look.

"Myrah...Naksh...stop" and they both stopped hearing there dad's voice. Both the kids freezed and the same position.

"Dad Myrah..." before Naksh could complete Myrah obstructed him.

"No dad Naksh is..."

"Stop... I don't want any clarification from anyone (eying towards both Myrah and Naksh who were at two different direction) go change and come down to have dinner." both of them headed towards the stairs. Isn't Manik a perfect father? He loves his children beyond compare and yet does not spoiles them.

"Sir dinner is ready" one butler came and informed.

"Ok" Manik answered and the butler went away.

After a while the trio was having dinner peacefully. But still Myrah and Naksh were not talking to each other. Manik didn't interfere between them and let them be. He knew that the fight wouldn't last long and that is what the relation of a brother and sister is.

Soon they finished their dinner and headed towards their bedrooms. Myrah went to her room, took her school dairy out and went to Manik's room. When Myrah entered Manik's room she saw Manik talking over phone to some one in the balcony.

Myrah went inside the  balcony and waited for Manik to finish

Myrah went inside the  balcony and waited for Manik to finish. Before long he finished. "Good you came...I have a surprise for you" and after hearing the word 'surprise' Myrah's happiness knew no bounds and she beamed with joy. In simple words, she loved surprises. She hugged Manik in glee.

"Ok it's not exactly a surprise...it is your gift" Myrah broke the hug. Her face still reflected delightfulness.

"No problem dad...I can't wait any further...let's go" though she knew, that she was going to get something from her treasured dad, her ecstasy was no less.

"So lets get started" Manik brushed his hands in excitement.

Manik took Myrah to her room

Manik took Myrah to her room. Took her to the place where her photography's were hung. Myrah's eye's were covered with a blindfold and hence she couldn't see anything. Manik opened her blindfold and what he saw next was overwhelming to him. Her daughter's jaw fell in the floor. He could feel the amount of astonishment she felt. He could feel that his heart also curved to the biggest smile. All his hard work payed off pretty well.

"Dad but you said

"Dad but you said...you never clicked any of ours photos together..." after a whole minute of staring at the photography Myrah uttered a word and yet she was finding it difficult to comprehend.

"Yes but your Mumma had clicked them" Manik said rufflimg his hair. And Myrah hugged Manik once again.

"Thanks dad for a wonderful gift...I love you dad."

"I love you too princess"

##