Chapter- 28

Cabir's House....

"Mom I am hungry...please app jaldi sa mujha khana do yaar.... apni bhu sa bad ma baat kar la na.....wo khi nahi jaagi lakin agar app mujha khana nhi do ga to mai to yha ka pass wala restaurant ma zarur chala jaaunga" Cabir said in a cranky way and sat on the chair. He started scrolling his social media.

"Acha Navya beta mai tujsa bad mai bat karti hoon abhi mujha tera bhooka pati ko khaana dena hai...bye" Cabir's mother ended the call. "Cabir bol kya khaga?" She questioned. Cabir came inside the kitchen.

"Mom jo app ka man kara app bana do..."

"Puri sabzi bana du?" Cabir's mom said in  sarcasm.

"Mooom!"

"Acha baba main mazak kar rhi thi" Cabir sat on the slab and started scrolling his social media. Cabir's mom started cooking.

"Mom see I have 100 more followers on insta...so total main"  Cabir was trying to calculate his total number of followers  though he could just look at the number of followers but just to impress his mom he didn't. 

Cabir's mom had gone to take something out from the fridge. She returned with it, cupped Cabir's cheek with her free hand and said "rhana de tujhasa nhi hoga aaj tak school main exams main to ek bhi sum kar nhi paaya or ghar main jab zarorat nhi tab kara ga" 

Cabir was going through all his and Fab 5's lateat posts. He came across a post. It left him shaken and broken. The phone dropped from his hands. His expression froze.  Cabir's mom got scared. She turned to see what happened. She went near him.

"Kya hua...is every thing alright?" She asked in worried tone. Cabir was still wordless. He was too numb to react anything.

"Cabir kya bat hai beta?" She asked again and shaked his hand

"Ha" Cabir recovered from the shock.

"Mom Nandini "

"Kya Nandini Cabir?"

"Mom wo Nandini ka accident hua hai...I need go mom bye" Cabir announced, took his car keys and vamoosed for hospital.

##

Cabir's p.o.v...

I don't even know whether Manik knows about this or not...I just don't know what to do. I think I should just call and tell Mukti about this she can handle this situation better than me.

End of p.o.v.

Cabir called Mukti. The phone rang five times and then was picked by Mukti.

"Ha bol Cabir" Mukti responded cheerfully.

"Tumna news suna ?" Cabir blurted in a low sad tone.

"Kaun sa?" Mukti asked. Cabir sighed.

"Matlab tumna nhi suna....Nandini has met with an accident" Cabir inner turmoil was mirrored in his voice. The news left Mukti shocked.

"What!?"

"You heard it right...main abhi hospital hi jaa rha hu..." Cabir tried be calm and composed but his inner tsunami was just known by him.

"Which Hospital Cabir? We have to reach there as soon as possible.  Have you informed Manik?" Mukti asked Cabir in a hurry.

"Nandini is in City Hospital.  Main bas rasta main hi hu I will reach there in five to ten minutes. Mukti tum Manik ok inform karda or main baki San ko kar deta hu"

"Ok" Mukti ended the call.

##

Malhotra Farmhouse....

Manik was leaning in the wall and playing his guitar in a dark room. Where he was waiting for Nandini to come and tell him the whole truth. His anger increasing. His mind was pulling him and compelling him to think about all worst possible scenario. His brain and his heart were playing tug of war. Where his brain was reasoning him and wining the game.

 Where his brain was reasoning him and wining the game

The phone rang. He looked at the user id which read Mukti. He simply pressed the power button to stop the ring. Mukti called Manik more than 10 times, she did not leave hope. The eleventh time the phone was finally picked up by Manik.

"Kya hai Mukti?" Manik asked in an irritated annoyed tone. "Can't you understand ki mujha tumsa bat nhi karni hai abhi."

"Manik ek bar to sun

"Manik ek bar to sun...you won't regret..."

"Thik hai jo bolna hai jaldi bol" there was no improvement in Manik's tone.

"Manik Nandini ka accident hua hai she is admited in City Hopital...hum sab udhar hi jaa rha hai ...tu bhi jaldi aa jaa....or better idea I pill pick you up from where ever you are." Manik straighten his self up in attention.

Even in this situation Manik's mind was worrying about Nandini but instead thinking that she did it on purpose just to rescue from Manik. Tired from all his inner chain of thoughts he threw down the table beside him  him. He forced his mind to shut up and just listened to his concerned heart.

"Manik tu thik to hai na...ruk main jaldi aa rhi hu" Mukti said and ended the call to locate Manik's location.

##