Chapter - 26

City Hospital....

"Dr it is not possible only" Manik declared, his expressions changed. He became serious.

"Manik come on stop this funny prank of yours..." Dr Naisha was still laughing think in that Manik was joking.

Though Manik was a person who does not jokes around with everyone, he had a friendly equation with Dr Naisha. He knew her since college, so he knew her from before.

"Dr can you please show me his birth certificate?" Manik asked politely still on confusion.

"Manik I know ki tum mera saath mazak kar raha ho (She bent down and opened the drawer where she keeps the birth certificate of Naksh and got up...started searching for Naksh's birth certificate) but just to stop you I will show" Dr Naisha announced and handed over the certificate to Manik.

Naisha still did not believe that Manik did not know about his own son so she thought he was just joking, she even knew that Manik has high joking skills. At times even if he joking it looks real and at times even if he is not joking it looks as if he is joking with her.

Manik's hand was shivering...he was scared to know the truth. His heart was shouting loud that it is all a lie and his Nandini can never lie to him and one the other side his mind was telling him that it is all truth and his Nandini has ditched him, betrayed him, lied to him. He was holding the certificate with his eyes closed.

A nurse came and told to Naisha "Dr Naisha their is an emergency operation that Dr Biswas has told you to do so please come fast"

"Ok you go I'll just come in a second (the nurse was about to turn around and leave when Naisha called her again) nurse get the operation theater ready." Manik did not listen to their conversation at all he was just trying to build up strength, to open his eyes and look at the birth cirtficate.

"Manik" Naisha called and Manik looked up still lost. "Birth certificate ka picha Naksh ka photo bhi hai look at and stop your drama acha I have to leave for the operation bye see you"Dr Naisha continued and took the stethoscope and put it around her neck. Manik was too numb to say some thing to her. She left.

After about 10 minutes Manik gathered strength to open his eyes and read the paper. It stated clearly that Naksh Nandini Malhotra was the son of Manik Malhotra and Nandini Malhotra. He still did not believe that his love, his Nandini has betrayed him. He turned the paper just to see the photo. He knew that the child would resemble someone or the other so it would be confirmed. The paper was turned by him as slow as possible.

 The paper was turned by him as slow as possible

Manik was startled. At one side he was so happy that his heart was dancing with joy to know about his ever so cute son who is just like Nandini. He smiled but faintly. But on the other side the same baby signified betrayal, betrayal from his shona, his beloved wife, his love.

##

On the road, inside the car....

Nandini sat in the. "Aiyyappa thank you for helping me to crack this deal so fast...Manik will be so happy" Nandini joined her hands, looked up and prayed to her aiyyappa. She held the staring and started the car.

The deal for which Nandini had gone to Panchgani, as per her was a very though one. She thought it would for sure take her at least 2 days to crack the deal but she managed to it within 10 hours. She called Manik to him him this good news.

She called him 10 times but his called was left unanswered. Nandini decided to call Kunal, his p.a.

Kunal Singh Chauhan

Kunal Singh Chauhan

"Hi Nandini! what's up?" Kunal said sweetly.

"Hi Kunal! I just called you to ask about Manik's schedule...actually he is not picking up his phone"

"Just a second Nandini"

"Sure Kunal"

"Nandini Manik ka ajj Pune mein meeting tha but he did not attend it instead he returned to Mumbai again...the reason is not known because usna abhi tak mujha call kar ka kuch battaya nahi hai"

"Thank you Kunal"

##