Chapter-31

At city hopital.....

"Alya" Abhimanyu shouted seeing her and completing his work. Alya turned around and Abhi legged forward.

"Hi Abhi"Alya wished cheerfully.

"So phone mila? "Abhi popped a question.

"No...actually I went to the nurse and inquired about it but the thing was ki phone is with the police so was... just heading towards it...tum bataao any improvement in Nandini's health" Alya asked in concern and settled her hair which were coming in front of her eyes.

"Drs haven't said anything yet...just asked me to get these medicines(showed the medicine's packet) so just got it" Abhi smiles.

"Lets hope for the best...but abhi ka liya lets go" Alya suggested. They both left.

They reached the place where the police were located

They reached the place where the police were located. They were about to ask the police about the phone. But Alya received a call from Mukti. She picked it up.

"Alya kha pe hai tu?"

"Just going to the police to get the phone"

"Why police? Anyway chor we have got the basic information required so come "

"Are you sure"

"Yes..jaldi aa we are also heading there"

"Cool" By saying this Alya ended the call.

##

Manik was pacing to and fro in the hospital's corridor, waiting for the Doctor to come out. He was growing impatient every passing minute. Anyways he was in a The doctors were going in and out followed by the nurses. But none were ready to tell anything. Dhruv tried to pacify Manik but in vain.

The betrayal was a forgotten business for Manik, all he worried for was his Nandini. He sat down on the bench feeling extremely weak, rested his head in the wall and closed his eyes. All his good memory flashed in front on his inward eye. Their first eye lock, first kiss, first conversation, marriage every happy moment flashed.

He had faith in his friend that they would find his son. Mr Malhotra and Kunal were there with Myrah to take care of her. All he needed now was to focus on Nandini and her health.

A doctor came out of the I.C.U. Manik rushed towards him. And shoot all the questions together."Dr how is Nandini? Is she fine?"

"Manik calm down child" the Doctor said. Dhruv by then had came near Manik. "Son.... actuall....." the doctor hesitated to tell this dreadful news to Manik. Where as for Manik...The doctor's silence was eating him up from inside.

The doctor gathered strength and took a long vreath and continued "actually Nandini's condition is getting worse second by second so right now we will have to put her on the ventilator....she is super critical...but we still haven't left hope...we shall try once more...take care" the Doctor patted Manik's shoulder and left. This one sentence took Maniks breath away, halted his heart beats . He found himself lifeless, hollow from inside.

He took a step back, and came in contact with Dhruv's body. He was bought back into his sences.

"Buddy sambhal apna app ko...see its not over yet doctor said that they will once more" Dhruv said sorrowfully. Manik nodded with the little amount of strength left in him.

##

Inside the I.C.U. after few minutes...

Nandini was lying on the bed with five to six doctors and three nurse surrounding her.

"Dr. Iske halat or bhi karab ho rhi hai" one nurse said to the head doctor. The Dr looked at the monitor which showed the pulse rate. The line of the heart beat were going up and down but suddenly it fell flat.

"Nurse jaldi sa get the injection" the nurse injected the injection on the bottle

After around 30 seconds the nurse said "Dr she is not responding to any of the medicine"
The doctor and the nurse were rubbing Nandini hands and legs respectively.

"Nurse get the super critical stage equipments ready"  The Dr separated it and pressed it on Nandini's chest. Nandini's body went up on the air and fell down on the strecher once again. He looked at the monitor. But did not find it useful.

The Dr repeated the same process

The Dr repeated the same process.  But had to face disappointment once again. "Lets try once again...". Once again Dr repeated the same course again. But once again faced failure. This time the Dr gave up all the hope and leged out of the I.C.U.

##