Chapter-44

At Myrah-Naksh's school...

Naksh had gone home after school  whereas Myrah had stayed back for music practice for the upcoming event. She was extremely exhausted. The driver had come to collect her today. They headed towards the exit. But Myrah remember that she had left her school bag in the music room. The driver went to take her bag and handed Myrah her phone.

Myrah sat on the seat under the tree. Within seconds a call read in 'dad' came. A faint weak smile appeared on her face. "Hi dad!" Exclaimed Myrah.

"Hi little warrior! You seem tired." Manik replied.

"Ya dad" saying this Myrah realised that even her dad's voice seemed unhappy. "What happen papa...is every thing alright" Myrah questioned being alert.

Manik smiled at his daughter. "No...nothing princess just a little extra work" Manik said trying to cover his grief up ."waisa there's something awaiting for you"

"Hmmm" hearing no enthusiasm in Myrah's voice Manik understood Myrah's condition.

"Don't you want to go and see?" Manik asked trying to cheer Myrah up.

" ya of cource dad...love you dad" Myrah didn't know why but she had an sudden urge to say this to her dad. Hearing this Manik had a smile on his face. He was happy that he finally thought his girl to express her feeling sometimes.

"Love you too...why this sudden expression of love" Manik asked.

"Bas aa sa hi...ok bye dad"

"Bye warrior" Saying this Manik hanged up the phone. Myrah saw that the driver by then had returned so they started moving towardsthe car.

Myrah was looking down and walking while kicking the small stones. Soon they reaced the car and she sat on the back seat. Myrah was unconscious of her environment. Suddenly she saw someone sitting on beside her. She lifted her eyeballs to rest at the person. And seeing that Myrah without thinking jumped and hugged him.

Myrah was jolly seeing that person. "Daddu" Myrah expressed in glee.

Mr. Malhotra also hugged his granddaughter with equal enthusiasm. She was the only person in existence who made him happy. And yet again Mr. Malhotra was able to lift Myrah's mood up.

##

Flashback (few years ago)...

Mr. Malhotra sent Manik to the magazine company Fashion and the city (owned by Maya Malhotra). It has been two months that Manik and Nandini are in a relationship. Manik's dad and Maya knows eaxh other and have bussiness relationship. Mr. Malhotra had sent Manik to send some crucial documents to Maya.

He had reached her office late evening. They had sat for a while talking about the way the documents were to be handled. Manik helped his dad in business as he wasn't an established musician.

Manik had left only a few minutes before the office had closed. On reaching the parking lot Manik found his tyre punctured. He  thought of calling Nandini to inform her that he would be late for the date, to which he realised that he had left his phone in Maya's cabin. Manik went to her cabin and found out it was locked. She had a glass cabin through which Manik could see his phone. And no sooner did he saw his phone than the phone rang. It was visible that it was a call from Nandini.

Manik asked the security guard and the peon to open the cabin to which they refused at it was against there laws. In spite of pleading the opted for adhering to there rules.

"Acha to at least give me your phone for once." Manik asked. The peon agreed.

He dialed Nandini's number. "Hi Nandini it's me...Manik don't worry...actually my phone is locked and therefore couldn't pick your call..."

"Manik are you sure everything is fine should i come to pick you up...where are you"

"Relax...I 'll come within half an hour...okay...bye talk to you in a while" Manik said and returned the phone back.

"Listen...where is Maya?" Manik interrogated the peon.

"Wo to jaa chuki hai...lakin zyaada dur nahi gai ho gi bas..." before he could finish the security came and told and Maya was stuck in the lift. They decided to call the mechanic. But Manik could not wait until then so he decided to go and rescue Maya himself.

He reached the control panel and did something to which the lift reached the ground floor half way. He rushed to Maya and open the lift and saw her sitting down hugging her knees and banging her head. Manik forwarded his hand so that Maya could come out.

 Manik forwarded his hand so that Maya could come out

For Maya the whole time inside the lift was like the times her dad used to torture her

For Maya the whole time inside the lift was like the times her dad used to torture her. She was scared again. Manik's hand was like the hand of her mother to her. Her mother who used to save her from the tyranny of her father. Maya was an stromg imdependent woman who had all the power and yet she was frightened ny her father.

She grabbed Manik's hand and came out of the lift and hugged him tightly. Though Manik felt uncomfortable he did not react as he thought it was out of panic and even that she was scared of darkness.

 Though Manik felt uncomfortable he did not react as he thought it was out of panic and even that she was scared of darkness

##