Chapter-52

At the hospital...

Naksh was all the time stuck to Manik. He was afraid. Manik had him in his arms, where he felt slightly better and secured.

"Hey boy what's happen uhh, what's making you so stuck to me, is it the Maya thing or is it Myrah?" Manik asked. Naksh's head was on Manik's shoulder. He just slightly nodded his head in a no. He was too drained out, he had no energy left to say anything, all he wanted was to continue to stay in Manik's arm.

"Wait let me guess, and according to me its both. Myrah is gonna be fine soon, the doctor said na its mainly related to her hands right? (Naksh nodded his head) and Champ the Maya thing, I know that you both don't like that idea but its for your good, trust me champ its not something like...like how do i explain" Manik was finding words to explain his point but saw the doctor coming, he got up with Naksh still in his arms.

"Doctor how is Myrah?"

"Mr.Malhotra the fracture in your daughter's left wrist is quite severe, two of her bones have broken that too just above the wrist and a bone in the the finger has also been displaced which is why we might have to amputate her index finger, if the infection spreads manifold." Manik was left numb, he just couldn't believe what he heard.

"What are the chances Dr?" Manik asked gathering strength.

"Excuse me Mr Malhotra" the doctor left ignoring Manik's question.

"Manik give Naksh to me, I'll take him home" Alya said and took Naksh away. Only Manik, Dhruv, Mukti and Cabir were left. It was then when Maya arrived.

 It was then when Maya arrived

Maya's outfit...

Seeing Maya Mukti and Cabir's blood boiled. "Cabir I think we should leave now" Mukti said eyeing at Maya.

"Yeah we should"Cabir and Mukti departed.

"Mukti, Cabir" Dhruv exclaimed, "Manik I'll just come" saying this Dhruv also marched towards them.

##

Hospital's enterence...

"Cabir, Mukti" Dhruv came running towards them and halted.

"Kya hua Dhruv?" Mukti said irritatedly and turned around.

"Guys you can't just leave like this, Manik needs us." Dhruv stated concernedly.

"Who said we are leaving, hum bad udhar se gaya the" Cabir clarified.

"Dhruv you seriously think hum Manik ko waise chor kar chale jaaege? It's just that we can't stand that lady" Mukti stated. They saw Mr. Malhotra coming towards them.

"Guys tum log idhar khare hua ho?! C'mon don't delay we need to catch the flight." Mr Malhotra said.

"Where too Uncle?" Dhruv asked.

"Too Greece Dhruv, I thought Manik told you'll. I had a talk with the doctors, they say Greece has the best technology for these types of fractures, and they are absolutely safe" Mr.Malhotra informed.

"But can we afford to loose this much time in travelling?" Cabir asked.

"Ya we can, I did talk with the doctors. C'mon don't delay get going"

"Uncle will Maya also accompany us?" Mukti questioned.

"Ya she will...I'll see you, need to look after some stuffs" Mr. Malhotra said and left.

##

At the hospital ally...

Manik and Maya were left. Manik was unusually calm. Maya was beside Manik on the hospital chair.

"Manik are you ok?" Maya asked facing towards him and keeping her hand on his shoulder.

"Ya...." Manik said still looking at nothingness. "You know Maya I...I don't know why....but just feel that everything...like everything is going to be just fine" On hearing this, a smile appeared on Maya's face thinking that it was her which made Manik feel that.

"Maybe because it has me by your side" Maya said and Manik just nodded hesitantly. "Is that why you are so curiously tranquil?" Maya asked still feeling happy.

"Maybe....it's just that I have resigned to my fate now"

##