XVIII.

Amber's POV

When I awaken, my room is empty. The breeze flows carelessly through the open window, bringing in the fresh, crisp winter air. Not a single color adorns the room besides the flowers on my bedside. I still haven't a clue, who could have sent them. There isn't a name tag attached nor is there a card.

The television had been turned off and the sun shines brightly through the room.

My nurse Olivia walks into the room, her body covered in a turquoise scrubs, smiling like she has won a million dollars. I clear my throat and try to look as awake as possible.

"Good Morning!" She beams, taking out a tray full of different color and sized pills.

"What has got you in a good mood today?" My eyebrow raises and a smirk is plastered to my face.

"Well... I've got a date with a guy!" She giggles, taking the dozen of pills and placing them in my hand.

"Name?" I bring the pills to my mouth, one by one, swallowing hard with water.

"You know I'm not a name dropper!" she grinned, writing whatever nurses write on her little clipboard.

"Oh C'mon!" I beg. I've been bored to death. I'm literally dying for drama or anything to spice up my time spent here.

"Well.. His name is Jake." Her face flushes 

I almost choke on my spit. It couldn't be the same Jake I work late nights at the bar with, could it?

I bite my lip as she goes into detail about how he asked her out and what he looks like. And I've come to the conclusion it is definitely my Jake.

She said he came into the hospital to visit me a few times while I was unconscious and that they happened to be going to their cars at the same time and eventually one subject led to another and now they have a date set for tonight.

"Aw, how cute!" My smile is a bit uneasy and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I don't care really cause its not like I had feelings for him or anything. Its just I wouldn't have thought that he would go for Olivia.

"Thanks." Her cheeks are as red as a tomato and she cant stop grinning as she takes my blood pressure and then leaves the room.

I sigh at the feeling of being alone again. I've had plenty of time alone, and I really would love some company.

Harry, Jake and My Mom are the only three people that come to mind. Other than that I haven't anyone to turn to. I mean Harry's friends are pretty nice. I've met them a few times but I cant seem to remember their names. They all work at the same construction company as Harry.

He has been working at the same construction company since we've met. He has a irregular schedule and get called to work at random times of day and night.

I remember one night he left around two a.m. and didn't come back until almost ten a.m. When I questioned why he had cuts and bruises over his body he said he fell off the roof of a house, while repairing it.

It sounded really suspicious to me but when I kept questioning it, he would answer with short responses and shut down immediately so I left it alone.

My mother told me that when my father found out she was pregnant, he left. She said that he was angry and sad. When he left he never looked back. I don't even know what he looks like. I wouldn't know him, if he walked past me.