XXIII.

Amber's POV

Harry's warm breathe could be felt on my jaw. His thick lips left a kiss just below my jaw before his eyes met mine again.

As he leaned forward, I turned my head upwards and his lips contacted with my neck. He was surprised, because he expected to feel my lips but that didn't stop him from sucking harshly on my skin.

This was wrong, this was so wrong. Harry and I aren't suppose to be like this. He is the only person I truly have and I don't want to ruin that. Besides I only view him as a brother.

His fingers gently rake over my collarbone as his kisses became light as a feather and he pulled away from me.

"I .." he began but his face was extremely red and for the first time ever I think Harry is embarrassed.

"Sorry." He says and helps me down from the counter. He grabs my crutches and places them under my arms before walking me to the bedroom.

"I shouldn't ..." "I don't know what ..." "Don't be mad please." Harry rambled about after he closed the door and I sat down on the bed.

"Its okay." I say and he frowns leaning against the door. "I won't tell anyone either." I smile attempting to lighten the mood but it doesn't work.

"Thank You."

"Anything for a friend." I say putting the emphasis on friend to ensure that whatever happened between us doesn't change anything about our relationship.

Harry's back slides down the door and he rest his forearms on his bent knees.

"Something wrong?" I ask going to the drawer to pick out a pair of pajamas.

I quickly change, using the desk to support myself, denying his request to help me and he doesn't look as I slide into a cotton sleep gown.

"No." His slim fingers tug on the thin curls on his head.

"You worry to much." I state going into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"You think so, huh?" He asks when I reenter the room.

I nod and he stares off into the distance in deep thought. I climb into the bed, careful not to ruin the wrapping on my ankle.

"You over think too much as well." I whisper, looking up at the ceiling.

"Since when did they make you the Harry expert?" I can practically hear the smile on his face.

"I just .." I exhale before continuing "I just know you." My eyes droop and involuntarily close.

"Goodnight Bambi." I hear say before my door opens and then closes.

Throughout what seemed like the longest night in history, I toss and turn endlessly.

I awake, finally giving up on a good nights sleep, groaning loudly in frustration.

I told Harry that he thinks too much but maybe it was I that think too much.

I constantly have someone or something on my mind. Like who my real father was or why my mother let my step father beat me and her or why a certain someone is always in my head or why I was thinking about kissing my best friend or why I was beaten and raped for no reason.

I lean over to check the clock which reads that its half past three in the morning.

I wonder what I will be doing for the rest of my life since I will no longer be working at my previous employer.