XXVI.

Harry's POV

My hand was wrapped just below Amber's back, helping her steady herself. Even though she carried her crutches everywhere I couldn't help but worry about her falling or getting hurt again. Louis walked over to me placing a stack of cash in my right hand but I refused. I left the city and didn't complete the mission so therefore I do not deserve to split the money with Louis and Zayn. They should keep it.

"Take it man." He forcefully put it in my hand again and I attempted to refuse again but he wouldn't allow it. I nodded thankfully, handing it to Amber to put in her purse. 

She looked confused but didn't question it. She put it in her purse and looked back to the boys. I had told her I worked for a construction company and if it is who I think it is on the phone, all the secrets are about to come out.

"Hey! About time you called boy!" A thick recognizable voice booms through on the other line on the cellphone, which is set upon the kitchen counter.

My head hurt like a mother fucker. Damn hangover. The Advil needs to start working soon.

"Hey. They are here." Louis said. I'm not sure what this is about, maybe its another mission Mr. O, wants us to do. But why would he want Amber to be here?

"Ah. Harold. How are you lad?" He chuckles

"Bullshit. You know how I am." I bite and Amber's hazel eyes stare up at me, confused once more. I only rub her back, in attempt to soothe her.

"Ha! No, I was worried about you after you escaped and all." He continues to laugh and his smug attitude is really pushing me. "Amber." He says and his voice changes from smug to serious.

"Me?" She whispers and silently I'm thinking 'Of course you, you are the only Amber here.'

"Who is that?" She looks at me, asking so quietly only I can hear it. I just nod towards the phone.

She takes a small step forward to get closer to the phone, everyone in the room, stilling so they ensure that she is okay walking.

"Yes?" She says quietly.

"What the fuck do you want with her?" I ask, pulling her in closer. And I swear to God my headache is only worsening.

"Calm your nuts Harold. I just want to talk." He is constantly laughing at my over-protectiveness and literally I could feel my blood boiling. "How are you hun?" I cringe at his disgusting nickname for her.

"Fine?" She says.

All of the boys are glancing towards each other in question and I know they have no idea whats going on.

"I want to see her. Bring her to me." His voice has dropped incredibly low and it almost startles me but I quickly catch myself.

"What the hell do you mean? No fucking way! Stop fucking with me, man!" I yell, I'm so pissed for a moment I forget Amber is with me until her hand grips my arm.

"What do you want with her?" Liam speaks up. The rest of the boys haven't said anything and I wonder why he wanted to announce this in front of everyone.

"Like I said: I only want to talk." His laugh is barely there but I can hear it. "You will do as I say."

"No, I don't think so. Fuck you!" I'm seeing red. All I can see is red. I need to get out of here.

I want to storm out but I cant with Amber, she will only slow me down. I patiently wait for her to turn around and follow me out the door, ignoring the guys' calls to us.

"Harry what the hell was that? Who was that guy?" She asks before we can even get down the steps of Louis' apartment.

"I .. He is my boss."

"I thought you worked at a construction company. That required you to leave town and have odd hours and such." 

"Harry look at me!" Her hand grabs mine, spinning me around to face her but I cant. My head drops to look at my feet. I feel awful that I lied to her.

"God. Whats going on? Why does your 'boss' want to meet me?" She says putting finger quotations on the word boss.

"Look at me." She grits her teeth, pulling my chin up to look at her.

"Okay. I .. Me and the guys .. we work for ... a guy who .. well I you could call him a drug dealer. Sort of." I stutter to get the words out. I knew exactly what he was but I was afraid that if I told her, she'd kill me. Her mouth drops a bit but then closes when I finish.

"Are you mad?" I inquire after a long period of silence. I hope she isn't. I hate when she is upset with me.

"No." She sighs "I just wish you would have told me." Her eyes leave mine.

"Disappointed in you." She walks to the car this time without my help, leaving me there confused.

The ride back is silent and even though she said she isn't mad, I have a feeling that she slightly is. She took it better than I would have guessed and for that I am thankful.

When we are finally inside our house, I help her take off her tennis shoes and start to make dinner.

"Frozen Pizza?" I ask sticking my head into the freezer.

"Sure. I'll start a movie?" 

"Okay."

There is a knock at the door and Amber makes a move towards it but I assure her that I've got it and that she should rest her ankle.

When I open the door, five large men rush into our home, knocking and pinning me down to the ground.

"What the fuck!?" I shout as my chin scrapes against the wood floor.

"What? Let me go!" Amber is shouting and no matter how hard I move and wrestle with them, I cant get up and reach her.

"What are you doing to her!? Stop it!" I grumble still trying to move.

I am beyond piss. This day has been one giant shit hole.

"Stop moving, and we wont hurt her." One of the meaty guys say. Like hell I will.

"Harry just stop. I'm fine." Amber's soft voice fills my ears and besides all of the bullshit, it makes me feel okay.

I glance up to her one last time, her crutches have fallen out of her grasp and onto the floor, but two men hold her up. She isn't crying but I cant tell if she will or not.

I'm lifted off the floor, my hands twisted behind my back and ushered into a black van along with Amber. They literally throw us in the car and I was nearly ready to knock their heads off but Amber's hand grasped mine. 

Her eyes are glowing and I cant help but admit that she has the most amazing eyes I have ever seen. They are brown, with specks of random gold, rays of orange, outlined by a thick deep green.

I bring her hand up to my lips.

"I wont let them hurt you." I whisper.

A/N

KAY SO THIS WAS BAD LIKE WHHHHATTT! OKAY SO I JUST WANTED TO UPDATE SINCE IT hAS BEEN THREE DAYS SINCE MY DOUBLE UPDATE. 

BUT CAN I JUST TALK ABOUT THE FACT THAT THIS IS SO CLOSE TO 1,000 READS SO JUST LITERALLY THANK YOU SO MUCH .x

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS STORY! PLEAASSEEE (:

SO I KNOW YOU KNOW WHO TOOK THEM. OF COURSE

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT (; HAH

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN/SHARE .x