Part I • Chapter IX

Premonition

Sang

Sang

Shortly after Karen had departed, Mr Blackbourne declared that the night was late and that we should go to bed and regroup in the morning. Considering that at this point it had to be at least past midnight, I silently agreed.

Besides, I wanted to put off the bathing situation as long as possible.

Gabriel was dismayed, because he wanted to wash my hair and said that sleeping hairspray was a sin. However, he was informed by Mr Blackbourne that he would just have to wait.

After that, it had been surprisingly easy to get changed be seen in my pajamas. Adam had, thankfully, provided a selection of modest baby doll pajamas with matching pants. They were gorgeous and probably the softest things that I had ever worn in my life.

The guys let me have the bathroom to myself in order to get changed and outside a few of them saying that I looked cute there was no mention of my nighttime appearance. After Mr Blackbourne's declaration, not even Gabriel said anything about my nighttime hair.

Though I did notice him eyeing it after I pulled it back with a hair tie.

At least it wasn't a rubber band.

Most of the guys walked around shirtless (so I guess my earlier question was answered), were poking around the room or were turning back the covers of their own bunks.

Mr Blackbourne, who was not one of the shirtless men, sat in the seat furthest away from the bunks as he gazed out the window.

Kota reserved the bottom bunk of his bed for me, which was located at the end of the group furthest from the bathroom.

"Are you sure?" I asked as I settled into the mattress.

Kota had already climbed into the top bunk, and he leaned over the edge to look at me.

It was actually an adorable picture, especially because the position made his glasses slightly fall off the edge of his nose, but I didn't tell him that. "I can sleep on the top bunk if it makes you more comfortable. You are bigger than me."