Part III • Chapter XIX

Assumptions

- Trigger Warning -

Sean

Sean

I wasn't sure where to begin, and for the first time in a long time, I felt lost on both a personal and professional level. But I was the doctor, the only one here right now, and I was the only person who could take charge. So I had no other choice but to pull it together, to at least act like I had some semblance of control.

Even though, in reality I was far from feeling that way.

Sang, even though she was unconscious, had curled tightly into herself. So much, that even without the cape covering her, it would have been impossible to see anything at all. Plus, she was bleeding, and I had to start somewhere.

But I was loathe to force any kind of examination on her person without her consent, not right now. If she were to wake up during treatment, if she was psychologically traumatized...

The damage could be irreparable.

As quickly, and gently, as I could, I gathered her frail form to me and stumbled to my feet. I wasn't sure how exactly I'd make this work, but there was no way that I'd be doctoring her in front of an audience right now. She deserved that much, at least.

The show was over.

"Come on Kota." I said as I brushed past him, headed back in the direction that we had come.

"Actually, you'll probably want to look at her hand before too long." An unfamiliar voice called after me.

I paused, turning back to glance at the speaker. It was the smaller of the two unknown tributes. He was holding a cloth to his shoulder, and I noticed that it had been bleeding. But no matter who he was, he was the least of my concerns at the moment. Even though in any other situation I'd probably have rushed to help.

"And who are you?" I frowned at him, ignoring the sudden tension that emanated from North. I knew I had to make this quick, North was already on edge and was about to snap. "And also, what do you mean?" I glanced down at Sang again, but only the top of her head was visible to me at the moment.