Part II • Chapter XII

Revelations

Sang

Sang

"Luke!" I had to help Danielle! Wasn't it some kind of Gentreau destiny thing to help spirits find peace? Maybe. I could see her for a reason though, there had to be something I could do. "I still want to help her, even if she did lie. She was only trying to be nice and not scare me."

Luke spun and looked at me. "She's already sliced you up twice! How is that being nice?"

I opened my mouth to argue back, but nothing came out. He was right of course. "...but I want to help."

He pursed his lips and turned back to Danielle. "What do you want, evil spirit child?"

"Will you stop calling me that?" Danielle clenched her fists and frowned. "I told you that I had feelings."

"Here's what is going to happen," Luke narrowed his eyes at Danielle. "I'm going to let it go just this one time. Sang is going to get her arm fixed up, and you are going to stop haunting her. We will get to the bottom of your mysterious death, and we will talk to Derrick. The next time one of us comes here, we'll be bringing along some silver stakes and other demon slaying things. So no funny stuff."

"I'm not a vampire!" Danielle growled out. "Fine though, I can try to be nicer. If I promise not to hurt Sang again, will you finally help me?"

"Don't make a deal with the devil," Luke muttered under his breath. I didn't have the heart to tell him that Danielle wasn't the devil, he seemed to be really into the supernatural aspect of all this. "Fine. If you agree to stay away until after the games. I promise on my soul that even if I die, I'll find a way to help you."

"I don't see how, but whatever." Danielle stated. "At least I might get a cute guy out of the deal."

☜♡☞

"Can you stay with me?" I held onto Owen's hand like a lifeline as we followed Ms Johnson down the, now familiar, hallway that lead to President Hendricks office and personal conference room. President Hendricks had offered up the use of the space for my first meeting with my grandparents.