Part I • Chapter X

Rules of Fighting

- Trigger Warning -

Sean

Sean

I thought that I had feeling about Sang Sorenson while Victor and I were attempting to get a glimpse of her while we waited in line, but I brushed it off as hopeful yearning. That wishful thinking stuck around though, and intensified while Kota and Owen spoke about the potential familial situation of our future little bird.

She also had been abandoned by her family.

What was the likelihood of a female being abandoned these days? Next to none. 

However, if had been the case for this girl, then what else could I call this? Was it fate?

I hadn't been sure until I saw her peeking around Silas' back. She was the one, we had finally found her.

But she was a tribute.

Well that kind of sucked, but that was our luck, I suppose.

So it was no surprise to me that Owen, who had come to the same conclusion, had felt the need to take care of the future Mrs Green last night.

Although, it was still funny to see him sleeping like that. Plus the way Sang had been so embarrassed over it...

She was so darling.

I knew that I been staring at her since we left the dining hall; and wasn't only because she was the most beautiful thing to ever grace the planet. I don't think she noticed.

I was worried.

Which brought up problem number one thousand. We were going to have an issue with McCoy.

Outside of being Head Gamemaker, McCoy was also a high ranking official. He was rumored to have suspicious ethics and was notorious for staying out of the public spotlight. McCoy wanted to be known for his actions rather than his pedigree. 

Generally that was a good sign for an official. McCoy wasn't a normal official though.

It was no surprise that he was Head Gamemaker this year; it was common knowledge that he had knack for sadistic plans that garnered results. None of us had ever met him in person before this, but McCoy's reputation preceded him.