Part II • Chapter XV

Rituals

Sang

Sang

I rolled over in bed and buried my face in the pillow, before my sleep muddled mind came to the realization that the pillow, and sheets, around me smelled and felt different. These last three weeks I had been completely surrounded by my boys and their scents, so I had gotten used to them being everywhere.

There was a distinct lack of scent at the moment.

Panic rose up within me, and I was about to jump up from the bed. Then my brain woke up and I recalled that it was my wedding day, and I was supposed to be here. I relaxed instantly. I missed the boys, but nothing was wrong after all.

After I had met with my female relatives, I had taken some the bridal magazines back to our room with me. They had actually given me homework, if you could believe that. I was thankful to Gabriel, who spent most of the evening picking out stuff and making decisions for me. Thank god.

Outside of that, we did nothing for the rest of the evening into yesterday. The nerves had finally started, and I knew that they felt it too. So the group of us were all an anxious mess.

Yesterday, at breakfast, Ms Johnson tracked me down and whisked me away to President Hendricks' office. He looked displeased, but my grandfather and uncle were there, so I wasn't too worried. I soon found out that the reason for his displeasure was that I was going to be spending the day with my grandmother and aunt, and the night with Karen.

I thought it was stupid. However, my family insisted that the boys not see me before the wedding. Which kind of sucked, but if it made them all happy then I accepted it.

So yesterday was a hustle of activity, and last night I had fallen asleep instantly in a near comatose state. Maybe that explained why it was so hard to fully wake up now. I just wanted to sleep for another ten hours.

"Rise and shine, pocket cousin!" Suddenly, a big, hard body flopped on my bed next to me - the recoil alone from the impact flung me into the air. "It's already almost noon!" I heard the cheerful voice say as I was jarred into full awareness.