Part II • Chapter III

Innuendos

Kota

Kota

I watched Sang's retreating back as she chased after Derrick. I wasn't comfortable with her being alone with anyone, but especially someone from district six.

Not with there being so many unknowns with that situation.

I was also surprised that no one else has also expressed their concern over her being alone with Derrick.

"What are you thinking? You hardly know anything about that boy." Dr Green told Mr Blackbourne once Sang was out of earshot. Thank you, someone had to say it.

"Mr Taylor," Mr Blackbourne chose to ignore Dr Green for the moment. "Give Miss Sorenson her privacy, since she clearly wants to have a conversation of a personal nature, but keep a watch out that nothing happens."

Luke shoved the last bit of a chocolate pancake into his mouth and ignored the disgusted look that North threw his way.

"I'm on it! I suppose it is past time for some stolen moments alone with my lady love. See ya later, suckers." He gave a mock salute to the rest of us and scurried off towards the doors with a skip to his step.

"I don't know what kind of fucking alone time he thinks he is going to have when we have to go to training in less than half an hour." Gabriel muttered under his breath as he narrowed his eyes after Luke.

I resisted the urge to sigh because, despite his words, I knew that Luke would take his job seriously.

Besides, I would admit that having people in our family who were able to lighten the mood was something that I treasured. Most of the time.

I picked up my coffee and took a sip. I had a feeling that today I would need the extra energy that only caffeine could provide.

Silas spoke up in response to Gabriel's previous statement. "Not very good romantic time if all it takes is a half-hour."

I spit out my drink, stunned that he would even suggest something like that. Gabriel, Nathan and Dr Green burst out laughing. Mr Blackbourne seemed to be ignoring us all, which indicated that he neither approved or disapproved of the statement, and North and Victor smirked.