Part II • Chapter XIII

call it Tomorrow

Sang

Sang

Why did I not say that I was... "I didn't think it mattered!" I blurted out the first thing that came to mind, the truth was too complicated. "You never asked anyway, you assumed."

Owen furrowed his brow and I could tell that I was going to get a lecture, but he was interrupted when North groaned and sat up slowly as he held onto his head. Everyone watched him warily.

"Guys," he said huskily, his eyes still closed. "You wouldn't believe this. I just had the most terrible dream. Sang Baby was X and I sent her into a men's bathing house, where she had to have seen things that I never wanted my Sang Baby to ever see."

Kota cleared his throat and I frowned at North.

Really, what was the big deal?

North opened his eyes and looked at us with a terrified expression. "Oh shit, it really happened, didn't it?"

"That was your idea?" I asked him.

North jumped to his feet, elbowed the others out of the way, and crowded in front of me. "Sang Baby, tell me you didn't look. Please tell me that you didn't look."

"Of course she looked!" Silas boomed.

What in the world were they talking about? I frowned at him. "I was there for a specific reason, what else would I have looked at? Did you not want me to look? How else could I tell where I was going?"

"No, you shouldn't have looked!" North's face was a vision of horror. "You should have closed your eyes!"

Why was he being so unreasonable? "How would that have accomplished anything?"

Derrick burst into laughter. He was sitting back as he watched the group of us with an extremely interested expression. "Don't worry. Maro and I caught her hiding in a linen closet near a sauna, way out of sight from anything inappropriate. That's how we knew that she was up to something weird."