Part III • Chapter III

Scattered

Kota

Kota

A spear.

From what I had been able to tell, it seemed sturdy enough. However, pole weapons weren't something I was an expert in wielding. I preferred something where I could hold the blade close, it allowed for more control. At least, in my opinion. However, I knew that there were at least two people in our group who did prefer more ranged weapon types. So it would all work out in the end.

I just hoped that someone had taken the time to pick up a weapon for me.

Now, to find Luke. The others seemed to have found each other, so it was only him and I left alone. I hit the light-blue gem and glanced at the bracelet. Hmm, this was strange. He should be right around here, actually...

Hopefully nothing had happened.

"Oh my god, the horror!" Someone screamed nearby, the cry ending in an anguished yelp.

Then, as if the yell were a signal, an explosion of distressed screams echoed throughout the area.

Luke! My eyes widened and I ran, I needed to find him! What if he was hurt?

I rounded the bend of a small hill only to find three guys dancing in circles at the foot of a watchtower.

How very odd.

Their screams increased in volume, and their dancing spend in intensity, and suddenly I realized that they weren't dancing at all. They were... jumping?

"You asshole!" One of the guys, who looked suspiciously familiar, yelled up at a blonde who was peeking at them from the tower window. "Come down here and fight like a man!"

"You fucking deserved it!" Luke yelled back down at him. "That's what you get for calling me Rapunzel."

The familiar looking guy yelped, and jumped back again. I noticed that the door to the tower, where the three of them were attempting to infiltrate, was protected by angry insects.