Shard 6

When school was over, I went to change out my shoes (a Japanese school thing, where you change your school shoes out for your own shoes).

As I open my shoe locker, dozen pieces of folded paper fell out. I looked down at the pile.

What a waste of paper. 

I grabbed my shoes out and changed. I did manage to open one of them and read; "GET THE HELL AWAY FROM YUU, YOU MAN EATER!" Like you're no different.

I walked home. Thank god tomorrow is the weekend. I just want to take a break from all of this mess. Why, why are they targeting me? I don't understand.

Before I knew it, tears began to slid down my cheeks. I was incredibly hopeless.

"Oi, what are you doing?"

I quickly wiped my tears away. I looked up at Kaito. 

"Why are you talking to me still?" I asked. "What?" he asked. 

"Aren't you afraid of getting cursed by me?! Every girl is after you and yet you be talking to a lowlife person like me!" I shouted at him.

Kaito looked at me. "You really want me to answer that question? Fine, I will give you an honest answer." I looked up at him. 

"It's because you're different from them. You are the first girl who yelled at me like that. Therefore, I appreciate that side of you the most." Kaito answered.

"Eh? What do you mean by that?" I asked.

He smirked and then he said, "I'll show you what I mean by that."

Kaito pulled my arm towards him and embraced me in his arm. 

He leaned down towards my ear and whispered, "Do you still remember the first time we met?"

My eyes widened. What? Did we even met before? When was that? How come I feel.........like I'm missing a important piece.  

Author's Note:

Did you expect a confession right there? If you did, I wanted to at first, but then I decide to delay it. Don't worry there will be one down the road. Just keep reading! I'm just gonna go take a quick anime break.