Shard 55

Kaito looked at me as he shut off his phone. "It suits you really well. Shall we get going now?" Kaito asked as he reached out his hand. I reached forward for his hand, slowly. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand when it was halfway. "Let's go! Yuu and Yuki are waiting or us."

He held my hand and I held his hand and we walked towards the Hiroshikana Shrine, where the festival was held at. "You want some dumplings?" Kaito asked. I shook my head no and pointed to the gun booth. "What the fuck is wrong with you? The first thing you want to do at a festival is shoot some bullets?" Kaito sighed. "I want to try that!" I exclaimed. "Sure. I want to see how bad you are at it" Kaito agreed. 

I picked up the gun and aimed for an item. "Careful now, this thing cost me 300 yen for two tries (2.72 in USD)" Kaito said. "Shut up. I'm trying to concentrate" I replied. I pulled the trigger and the cork (bullet) bounced off the shelf bar. "NO!! I was so close!" I cried. "Move out of the way. I'll do it" Kaito said as he grabbed the gun from my hand. What's his problem? 

"Which one do you want?" Kaito asked. "I want that Saitama (One Punch Man) plushy" I replied as I pointed at it. He pulled the trigger and the plushy fell down. 

"T-Thank you" I said. "That 300 yen was worth it" Kaito commented. There was a lot of people so we couldn't find Yuu or Yuki in this type of crowd. 

"Here" Kaito offered me a paper lantern. "What's this for?" I asked. "A love thing" Kaito replied as he wrote his name on there. Then he passed it to me and I wrote my name on it. We sailed it off on the river where it was crowded with lanterns. "Let's go see the firework display now" Kaito suggested. I nodded my head. Why am I afraid to talk to him?!

We weren't holding hands this time. All of a sudden, I tripped on one of the sandals and was heading for a painful fall. "Are you alright?" Kaito asked me as he saved me from the fall. "I-I'm fine" I replied. Kaito sighed and grabbed my hand. "Come out and say it or forever hold your peace"  Kaito quoted. I looked at him and looked away.

"Look at me, Shina" Kaito demanded. I couldn't turn my face around to look at him. I slowly started to move my head. Kaito released my hands and reached up to my face and pressed forward his. His lips jammed directly into mine's. 

At that moment, the first firework blared into the sky. My eyes widened with shock. Was it due to his ruthless actions or was it due to my recalling of memories flowing back into my head?

*~END~*